• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Excited and slightly terrified newbie

Welcome :D
& congratulations on taking the brave decision to change your life!
I've just had a sleeve but my future MIL had a bypass a while back and her results are amazing. She is so much happier, fitter and slimmer!
xXx

Hi EPJ. Oh wow, not long to go for you. Very exciting / terrifying!! All the very best to you. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Hello menasher. I'm quite early on I think but it's seems to have gone quite fast since I was referred in September. I saw a consultant in October and then had the group seminar in November. That was a lot to take in but a really helpful session with masses of info given to us.

How far along are you? Have you thought which op you'll have?

I've got an appointment with the dietician and the consultant next week and I can't wait to see what the next stage is. :)

Hi Neen77
I was referred at a similar time to you. Are you on a Tier 3 program?

Hi EPJ. Oh wow, not long to go for you. Very exciting / terrifying!! All the very best to you. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Hello menasher. I'm quite early on I think but it's seems to have gone quite fast since I was referred in September. I saw a consultant in October and then had the group seminar in November. That was a lot to take in but a really helpful session with masses of info given to us.

How far along are you? Have you thought which op you'll have?

I've got an appointment with the dietician and the consultant next week and I can't wait to see what the next stage is. :)
Hiya Neen77, have you had your appointment? If so how did u get on, I'm still waiting on appointment letter for physcologist :-(

Welcome :D
& congratulations on taking the brave decision to change your life!
I've just had a sleeve but my future MIL had a bypass a while back and her results are amazing. She is so much happier, fitter and slimmer!
xXx

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the welcome. It's reassuring to hear positive stories. Hope you're getting on well following your sleeve.

Hi Neen77
I was referred at a similar time to you. Are you on a Tier 3 program?

I don't really know what that is I'm afraid. Either they don't do that around here or I've already passed through whatever they needed me to do. I've actually been offered a date, although I've delayed it slightly, it's probably going to be April. Where are you in the system? Hope you get a date for surgery soon.

Hiya Neen77, have you had your appointment? If so how did u get on, I'm still waiting on appointment letter for physcologist :-(

I have seen the dietician and consultant now. They didn't mention about further appointments for psychologist, sleep apnea or endoscopy so I think I'm straight through!! They offered me 2 dates at the end of March but I was so shocked that I didn't get sent for other appointments, that I couldn't take it in! I've asked for April though so I've got a bit more time to prepare. Waiting to hear........

So excited! Has your appointment come through?

Hi BFB
I have only just really got my head around the fact that I need WLS, it has taken me a number of years of denying it. At the moment I am on a Tier 3 Program, where they are meant to give you help and encouragement to loose weight. The Hospital said it is requirement now if you want WLS. Have 2 months left and then back to the GP to be referred again.

Hi BFB
I have only just really got my head around the fact that I need WLS, it has taken me a number of years of denying it. At the moment I am on a Tier 3 Program, where they are meant to give you help and encouragement to loose weight. The Hospital said it is requirement now if you want WLS. Have 2 months left and then back to the GP to be referred again.

It's such a hard decision to make, and to accept that we need help. For years and years I convinced myself that I could lose weight on my own. I lost a few stone here and there but it was a drop in the ocean. I never got to goal and I never maintained. Always added on even more weight. It was only my GP who mentioned in August that she would refer me if I wanted to but even then I said I'd think about it for a few months. She planted the seed and after thinking about it for a week I asked her to refer me.

Its all happened so quick. Well to me it feels quick. They offered me a date for then of March but it feels too soon so I've asked for April. I want to make sure my heads in the right place, and that I'm practically and mentally prepared. I know I'm definitely doing the right thing, I have no doubts (well only little worries) but I don't want to rush or feel rushed.

I know it seems a bit of a wait for you but time goes so fast it'll be here before you know it. Keep yourself busy and get preparing for your life change! It's exciting! Wish you all the best x :)

Back