• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise to firm up

gyp

Hi all

how long after a bypass can I start going to the gym to firm up tummy, arms, legs etc, I won't be running any marathons due to arthritis but sure want to firm up the bits that might sag!!
Does anyone know the best exercises to try, need results cos I don't want loads of saggy skin. xx

Hi all

how long after a bypass can I start going to the gym to firm up tummy, arms, legs etc, I won't be running any marathons due to arthritis but sure want to firm up the bits that might sag!!
Does anyone know the best exercises to try, need results cos I don't want loads of saggy skin. xx

My bariatric nurse told me 6 weeks after surgery I can start to exercise....aqua aerobics or even just swimming is good. I too have got arthritis so I cant do much on my feet...so any exercise in the water works well for me...

Im so glad you started this thread. I also wanted to know as I'm going to really go for it in gym when afterwards. At moment I'm on a reasonable pace on treadmill with a slight incline walking of course! And bike also weights. So hoping i can run and do cross trainer . I cant do cross trainer or stepper as my knees cant take my weight . And also im not going as often ad i should. Hoping once i get surgery it will be at leas 4 times a week! Really don't want too much hanging skin !

I'm going to go swimming and also find some exercises to tighten the bingo wings and my neck and chin.

Hi all

Exactly what I was wondering I am desperate to get back in the gym after the surgery but I worried that i'll undo their good work. As much as I love swimming I love my weight lifting and cardio.
What do you enjoy?

How to exercise to firm up

Hello Dear,

I think you should consult to your doctor for suitable exercise but if you want to go for exercise then you can walk in the morning.

Exercise won't always move the skin. Plastics is the only answer really. I lost 11 stone in 11 months and my boobs, tum, bum, arms and legs all need sorting really! :/

Hi all,

I'm sure every bit of exercise helps to one up the muscles. for myself I notice my boobs and stomach is going to need plastic surgery....

Back