• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise

Forget about six weeks etc, your surgeon/GP will tell you when it's OK to swim etc, and to be honest nobody else's advice or ideas matter.

For instance my surgeon told me no lifting of anything heavier than a kettle for 12 weeks, but seeing as you already have had one hernia repaired you present a greater risk than usually exists post op so listen to no one except your medical team.

Forget about six weeks etc, your surgeon/GP will tell you when it's OK to swim etc, and to be honest nobody else's advice or ideas matter.

For instance my surgeon told me no lifting of anything heavier than a kettle for 12 weeks, but seeing as you already have had one hernia repaired you present a greater risk than usually exists post op so listen to no one except your medical team.

I totally agree with Karlos NO exercise for you until you see your team!
Gentle walking only.
I developed a massive hernia 5 months post op and am still waiting to get it sorted.
Its not worth the hassle.
Most of us on here hardly did any exercise pre-op if we had done we wouldn't have gotten overweight.
Give yourself plenty of time for your body to recover.

I developed a massive hernia 5 months post op and am still waiting to get it sorted.
Its not worth the hassle.
Most of us on here hardly did any exercise pre-op if we had done we wouldn't have gotten overweight.
Give yourself plenty of time for your body to recover.

Scary ! I really do fear this but need to excersize, mostly walking but a little swim soon. If I don't do a bit of exercise every day and walk everynight I get terrible restless legs-but all over if you know what I mean. it's horribly uncomfortable. At first I thought it was from the anaesthetic but it can't be that as I'm 7.5 weeks out !

Totally agree I was told 6 mths before you do heavy exercise like gyms etc. It's just not worth the risk. Plus you need a genle build up nothing wrong with walking and it's free

I'm not expecting to do anything more strenuous than walking this side of Xmas - I only had a band fitted, but also had a hernia repair and I don't think I could deal with going back into hospital again :eek:

Though, tbf, I'd appreciate being able to even walk around the block at the moment - can just about get up the stairs :rolleyes:

(This, however, doesn't mean that I haven't already looked at the timetable for swimming lessons next year, or when the next battodo session starts after this current block of classes *lol*)

Back