• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exersize..how much and when?? after bypass..

juni

I am week 7 post op open bypass

also had hernia fixed and gallbladder removed.....

I am worried I am not doing enough...or maybe too much.....I read some of you swimming...going to the gym...brave folk..

What do you all think....I walk now for 2 hours a day in two batches of hour its downhill one way uphill coming back..yorkshire dales ...then I do weights for my flabby bat wings twice a day and try to cycle on my excersize bike for 15 mins a day...got one that does arms at same time....is this enough...hate gyms..they are all so thin...and although I love swimming its quite a way from me....what are you all doing???

hope you dont mind my thread...but its a good way to gage what your all are up to or was able to do at week 8 post op...

well Im 9 weeks post op tomorrow and you are doing more than me! I swim twice a week and try and walk when Im not at work and thats it. Dont go too mad!

I spoke to my bariatric nurse yesterday and she advised just gentle walking until I am on solid food and have had my 8-10 week check up before starting swimming or anything else.

Thanks Ladies...I will stick at this then and I dont feel as bad now....as I see the weight go I feel I can do more so didnt want to over or under do it....no set rule I suppose but feel ok and happy with this..many thanks for the reply...have a lovely day...

Hi Juni,
Sounds ok to me, I was about 8 weeks post Op before I started going to the gym and then I didn't push myself and to be honest I don't now, Just carry on with what your doing, Your body will tell you if you feel like you can do more, But just go easy, sounds like you have made a good start!
Just like to say Well done on your weightloss so far, You have done really well and Your also looking good too!
Well done you!! x

WOW...you bypass ladies are doing so well with your weight loss...you must all be sooooo chuffed :D

Best thing I ever did...would not change my new bypass life for anything...
thanks everyone.....

juni

Hi Juni

I am 6 weeks post op,i started exercising today,i did 1000 steps on the stepper which took me 15 mins and then i did 15 mins with weights for my arms.I was jiggered lol.
I have decided to do the same for the next few days but then i am on nights so exercising is a little more difficult (good excuse :D),but next week i will increase to 1500 on the stepper,body willing.

well done on what you are achieving so far,keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Back