• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

F*rting post-op

Hey Linzi... never say never... we may get a chance of flirting too... who knows! xxx

If you do get wind then you will gladly trump just to get rid of the pain. Walking helps but there's nothing to ease the pain like letting one go ;) Luckily my bed was very near the toilet so I used to nip in there but my f**ts have been 10 times worse after the op than before for some reason.

Surely the definition of being in love is when you can fart in front of your partner. But then again maybe that is why I am single!

On a serious note, I never had the farting problem after surgery. I had read about it and warned my family who were staying with me at the time but there was no need as I never suffered from it.

My son read my post about fa*ting and told me if I come home worse than I am now he's finding me a nice nursing home :eek: Bit OTT for a little bit of wind!! x

Hahaha... be sure to take your computer Dotty... we all need you! xxx

aw isnt he a rotter jacqui, lol. i was never a windy person till i had my op. luckily i suppose for me, most of my wind is in the form of burps, not that it matters cos i live on my own anyway. but i often wonder how so much wind can come out of a tiny egg sized little pouch, and i dont eat my food fast, i never have done, and i chew till theres almost nothing left to swallow, but you can guarantee, i start burping each time i eat. but i must admit, when i go to the loo, (poo), i do get rid of a lot of wind then. what a subject to discuss eh, lol. oh and jacqui, like bev said, dont forget your computer lol
hugs

Take it from me ladies, that first fart is a blessed relief when you're in your hospital bed! That was the first great thing about my bypass... I wouldn't say that i farted a great deal but the wind has to come out one end. I think i fart less now i'm post op than when i was pre op, which will be a relief when i go back to work :)

Better out than in, as my old mum says :) xx

I'm quite looking forward to the pumping - I'll be able to get my own back on my OH whose motto is the Martini add "any time, any place, anywhere" and believe me he sticks to it... Besides, we have no shame in our house - everytime I go to the loo I have an audience as OH always comes to chat and the cats follow me everywhere!

Last time I was in hospital (I slashed my knee open on some stairs) I was farting all the time - I think its the sitting/lying down that does it. The docs were lifting up my leg all the time so it was impossible to keep it in... got a bit like a 'Terrence and Phillip' scene from South Park. :D

Thanks for this thread everyone. It's made me giggle! .........and I've also warned my best friend who will be driving me home post-op that the car may be a little noisy and perhaps wind powered!
I usually blame my son who's farting power is so legendary he can clear a room....but I guess I may have to take the blame for myself since he won't be around in hospital or in the car!

oooo nova!!! did you fart in the doc's face eveytime he lifted your leg? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahhaha o deary me im blushing now and its not even me!! i would be HORRIFIED haha if that was meeee, tho maybe i feel i shouldnt worry so much on it xx

LOL I remember f*rting in the midwife's face as I gave birth...and apologising too, I was utterly mortified!

But as a midwife I would've totally understood (and did! :) ) when ever someone else had that kind of 'accident'........ (and worse!)

........in fact to put your mind at rest a bit (hopefully) nurses are completely comfortable with bodily functions and really quite gross themselves in that regard....you kind of have to be in order to do the job!
.........Farts are the last of a nurse's/ doctor's worries on the whole!

So glad of the warning... glad it won't be just me blowing bubbles in the bath water... so we don't have to panic on the ward when we see the sheets lifting... it's a good sign that the plumbing is all getting back into working order! Thanks for the smiles... nothing like a good belly laugh! xxx

just waing for my lift to go into hospital, i have to say this thread has totally cheered me up i cant stop laughing. might not be laughing tomorrow tho.

ooo kay best of luck hunni!!!! x

Good luck and God Bless... let us know how you are when you can and thinking of you xxx

Big Hugs Kay xxxxxxxxx

You are all being such "Laaaydeeees"! Nobody has mentioned the fact that not is the noise worse post-op, so is the smell. Well, it is for me. We should be issued with clothes pegs we can dish out to anyone in a mile radius.

Is this a problem for banders as well as bypassers? I was thinking the post-op wind was down to the malabsorbed food causing the problem.

oooo nova!!! did you fart in the doc's face eveytime he lifted your leg? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahhaha o deary me im blushing now and its not even me!! i would be HORRIFIED haha if that was meeee, tho maybe i feel i shouldnt worry so much on it xx

Hi Kelly, yup every time.... I put it down to the shock of the fall - also my OH was with me and he kept farting too (nothing unusual there tho - smelly pig!)

let it rip, let i rip, let it rip, lmao! im with jacqui on this ! have you ever cupped a trump? hehehehe! my husband farts in bed then pulls the covers over my head! dirty bugger! luv this thread hahaha x

Back