• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Face Creams....

Mrs Quiggle

Which one do you use and what makes it special.

I've never been one for moisturiser because I've always been hot and sweaty and it's always made me much worse so now that I'm no longer like that most of the time and at the age of 45 (nearly 46) I think it's time to start using a bit. But I have no idea what to get. I've heard that vit E and retinol stuff is supposed to be good and I have access to an avon lady if need be.

Thanks everyone.

Kate x;)

I'm 42 and have never bothered with moisturiser before I was 40. I alternate between Decleor Anti Aging and Olay 7 in 1 anti aging. Because I can't afford to use solely the Decleor, but both are very very good. I have 'dodgy' skin and have a mild to moderate sulfate allergy.

Hope that helps :)

i cleanse tone and moisturise every day and have used boots evening primrose oil for years, people have always commented on my skin (mind you since the op it's more wrinkly than it used to be coz it's not filled out ) xx

I use Olay too. Day cream and night cream. There are loads of different ones to chose from so one of them should suit your skin type. I love it. For the first week or so you may get some little spots, it will stop very soon, it happens as just a little reaction but it didnt do my skin any harm. I use an age specific one because i'm nearly ancient lol. Another bonus is that they are available in supermarkets so very easy to get hold of and often are on special offer!! One of them even has a hint of day foundation in it but I don't know what that one is called.
Lynne x

I am 63 and have always looked after my skin...after all you only get one set!

Now I am using (and have for several years) the boots number 7 protect and perfect skin care range. there are several stages of it. Normal, intense, and now restore and renew for over 50s. Which I am using.

I used to use Boots no. 7 tinted as not one for foundation. I am a little laps as I was told I don't need to worry much till I am 30.
I know from college the only part of the body that does not self moisturise is the neck so that needs to be done daily to keep it looking young.
x

Yikes! Never used a face cream in my life....beginning to feel guilty now :)

Well, having just this minute arrived home from A&E after a severe allergic reaction to a new purchase of Estee Lauder Daywear Plus moisturiser, I would say take extra care trying new products!!! My face and neck look like I've been scalded then pushed into a clump of stinging nettles!! Now I'm rattling with steroid and antihistamine tablets, I'm starting to feel a bit better! It's not a good look - and apparently I could look like this for a few days! UGH!!

Well, having just this minute arrived home from A&E after a severe allergic reaction to a new purchase of Estee Lauder Daywear Plus moisturiser, I would say take extra care trying new products!!! My face and neck look like I've been scalded then pushed into a clump of stinging nettles!! Now I'm rattling with steroid and antihistamine tablets, I'm starting to feel a bit better! It's not a good look - and apparently I could look like this for a few days! UGH!!
such a shame u had that reaction :( I absolutely adore Estee Lauder, just cant get it very often of course lol, have you tried simple? thats not bad at all and has no colours, perfumes etc, hope you're better soon :) xxx

I alternate between olay, garnier ultralift and ponds and i dont think there is any difference between them. I think anything that gives your skin moisture will improve its look but none of them turn back the clock in my opinion

ooh snagglepuss hope you are ok??

i dont moisterise... same reason i dont know what to use... when i was younger i used to suffer from exma.. oh so the wrong spelling!! so i hardly put anything on my face so not to irritate it... suppose i better start using something for when i get slimmer and more beautiful than i am now!! hehe

Owwwwch :wave_cry: Hope you are better soon, SP xxxx
I also use Olay & have for years :) Still look like a bag of spanners though :D:D:D xxx

Snagglepuss: You poor thing! I have never had a reaction to any face cream...but I do get reactions to bath additives; have to just use Simple and E45 in my bath. And then there's the daughter who insists on always giving me highly scented bath smellies...Oh well.

I hope you feel better really soon .I guess Estee Lauder won't be on your shopping list after this!?

ooh same here Ruthie my friend didnt know what to get me for Christmas this year as they usually buy alcohol and chocolate lol... so this year i got bubble baths and bath bombs...i havnt got the heart to say i can use them... although the bath bombs are great as you can break them up put in a bowl and use as nice smelling air fresheners

I hadn't thought of using her bath smellies as air fresheners, although somehow I think I'll get a reaction just smelling them lol! In truth I can pass them on to someone who'd appreciate them so I think I'll leave them as they are.

Naughty Miss Estée Lauder will be going in the bin, and it's back to good old Nivea Q10 for me! I look a picture, sat here with my face smothered in calamine lotion - I hope nobody comes to the door! :eek:

Naughty Miss Estée Lauder will be going in the bin, and it's back to good old Nivea Q10 for me! I look a picture, sat here with my face smothered in calamine lotion - I hope nobody comes to the door! :eek:
any chance of a little pic for us? :D xxx

So could I Kate................. or so I thought!! I've never had a reaction to anything on my face ever!

Ooooh Caren, that would be way too scary for the forum - I don't want people screaming and running from their PCs!

Back