• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FAT HOSPITAL!

keeley86

does any1 watch fat hospital on dmax? sky channel 144 its on now! ive clicked record series link so it must be on regular! shows all about ppl avin ops and that! ive missed most of it but it looks good!

Hey there

A lot of ppl have watched that show. Me included

i never seen it, just come across it now! lol

ive just watched it too x

Wish I could but we don't have cable. However, as someone who had their bypass at St Richards, I can assure you that Shaw Somers and Guy Slater are the nicest consultants I've ever met (and quite dishy too!!!)

oooo wow id watch that interesting to see so we could see what will happen to us x

I have seen it Keeley, for those of you that havent, its American and its a father and son bariatric surgeons who work together, they used to be in another show call Fat Doctors.

it shows you all about the op tho doesnt it - up to, including and after - i thaught it was good! shame it is in america tho it would be nice to see a similar show in the hospitals over here that we are familiar with wouldnt it?

Will have to keep an eye out for this... what day is it on? I've only seen the Sally Morgan one but have plussed it so I've watched it a few times now.

well it came on at 11 o clock last night so maybe check that channel! you can flick through the week to see whats on - just look out for it

whats this sally morgan one? i dont think ive seen that either... whens that on and which channel?

It's basically the american version of fat doctor :)

I have watched it for ages...good show

oooo im gonna have to keep an eye out x

whats this sally morgan one? i dont think ive seen that either... whens that on and which channel?

Its a documentary of Psychic Sally Morgan "Sally's big fat operation" who had a bypass operation and was on about a month ago - June? (but I think it has been repeated since then on sky). She lost about 6 stones in 6 months post op. Just concentrated on her journey and how she managed with the op and life afterwards. I watch it now and again to keep me inspired when I'm tempted to be naughty!

Fat Doctors on DMAX this Thursday (5th Aug) at 10pm - "Gary and Ricky: Aged 48 and at 26 stone, Gary may not live to see his children grow up. Gastric bypass surgery may help but he has a 1 in 10 chance of not surviving the operation." Ive set the timer...

o god nova, im petrified of dying as it is having this op, things like that make me worry more... do you not find that?...... is it just his weight making that percentage or has he other medical problems?...

Kelly I think he must have other things wrong cos I'm sure I've read somewhere that the chances of things going wrong with bypass is about 1 in 200... but I could be wrong. I am worried (I guess we all are) about the op as I've not been in hospital before (other than for my cut knee) def not had any surgery or o/night stay... don't even like visiting them tbh. BUT I'm more worried that I won't be here much longer without the op - so gotta take the chance really if I want to stay around - it really is a last ditch attempt for me. Kelly, I think you're going through Sunderland - me too. One of the guys at the support group last week said that no-one's died yet at Sunderland so I guess we're in with a good chance...

oooo nova eeek mr balupuri said that to me to, as much as that reassures me , i always think ( as im a half empty girl) oooo god what if im the first one, knowing my luck haha not tthe way to look at things hey! sorry for that depressing post! i do agree tho its always the last attempt hey surgery so its the right thing for all of us x

na, I bet I have worse luck - you'll be 199, I'll be no. 200!

Back