• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat Doctor

gill147

Does anyone watch this. I'm totally hooked its on every night at 1am on Home and Health (sky 240). Each episode shows 2 people going through gastric surgery. If you haven't seen it you must watch it and let me know what you think.

Kar8858

No i havent but i will record it, i will be fast asleep at 1am...i love shows like that..but then again i like embarrassing bodies so that says alot..

gill147

Found another program yesterday called My weight is killing me. On TLC. Seems to be about people who have had gastric bypass and are now undergoing plastic surgery. I'm hooked already

Found another program yesterday called My weight is killing me. On TLC. Seems to be about people who have had gastric bypass and are now undergoing plastic surgery. I'm hooked already

I watch it, I started a post somewhere about this programme and another. I'm hooked

gill147

It's good isn't it. Gives me hope that I can properly put the fat me in the past - once I've had surgery!!

gill147

I had my endoscopy this week and now I'm just waiting for a date to have a sleeve. What stage are you at?

Butterfly_lady

I saw one yesterday it was a father and son gastric surgeons

I had my endoscopy this week and now I'm just waiting for a date to have a sleeve. What stage are you at?

What's a endoscopy? Sorry if I sound dumb.

I'm waiting to see the psychiatrist, they said after that I will get a date for surgery. The date was originally March, but was told its going to be brought forward.

How long have you waited all together?

gill147

An endoscopy is when they put a tube down your throat into your stomach with a camera on the end. It's to check that's all okay in your stomach before they do the operation.

What area are you in? I'm in s e London. I started this process in July 2013. I'm hoping my op will be in The next three months.

An endoscopy is when they put a tube down your throat into your stomach with a camera on the end. It's to check that's all okay in your stomach before they do the operation. What area are you in? I'm in s e London. I started this process in July 2013. I'm hoping my op will be in The next three months.

I PM you

mouse57

Gill147 hi I've had a bypass and I can't get enough of these programs, before my op I watched with interest but now I just want to see loads of people being given the opportunities and see their success and how they have changed some months later. It fascinates me :)

gill147

Hiya mouse I agree with you. Surgery changes everyone's life and they're all so much happier. Even though I appreciate and am grateful to the NHS I do think the process could be made easier. Have you had your surgery yet?

mouse57

Yes I had mine in October 14 I'm a bypasser so still fairly new to it all. Been a bit of a bumpy ride, with dumping, tummy bugs from kids but it had to be done. I don't like how they have got to that state before they have to operation but I like their stories and how it changes their lives, as I've said on another post you do only see what the producer wants us to see because it sells tv but it's still good viewing including the scary bits lol :)