• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February Operations

finally home...doing good just got some gas pain n my stomach

Very well done love and great to see you are back... love and hugs precious xxx

Wow so many ops at the moment its hard to keep up with them all!! Well done to al of you who are done and dusted and all the best to those of you on the way....I know our Maz is going soon and Karen and hubby too.....a busy monday :D XX

A very busy Monday with three going together... and I'm like you Jac... afraid of missing someone out... I keep looking above on the calendar for dates...

Good luck everyone xxx

Good luck to Karen, Lee & Maz for tomorrow. Wishing you all a speedy and painfree recovery. I won't be far behind you though Homerton have changed my date by a day so it'll be Wednesday for me now. Hope I get to meet you Karen but you'll probably be on your way out as I come in!
All the very best to you all, take care xx

Cheers Ange!All the best for next week.Maz x

Thanks for all your best wishes - and to Maz too!!
I can't believe that it's tomorrow. I feel really excited, sort of like I'm going on holiday!
House is all cleaned, our bags are packed and we're having a restful afternoon, answering all the texts from our friends, phoning the Mothers, sister etc,. My brother-in-law will arrive in about an hour so we can all watch the Arsenal game, (he's staying over to drive us to hospital in the morning) then I'll do him something to eat, there's a pastie and some chips in the freezer to be used up!
Then a nice long shower, nail varnish off, hair washed and straightened, fuzzy legs shaved lol and then watch a movie and an early night, if I can sleep!
Have had a few days thinking about food I'll miss, if I'm doing the right thing, (fresh crusty oven baked baguettes are on my mind at the mo!) but then I snap out of it and look forward to my life ahead!
My best friends getting married (for the 2nd time) early in 2012 and I'll be able to wear something nice rather than the plus size suit I hated for her first wedding. And my cousins getting married in Canada next year, so I'm even thinking I'll be able to fit on a plane and go to that too!!
Anyway, exciting times ahead - see you all on the other side, can't wait to find my spot on the losers bench!

Love and best wishes to you all. x x x

It feels goid on the other side besides the stomach soreness

Hi Guy's
I’m 2 weeks post op (bypass), I feel fabulous. Lost 21lb wow wee!!!!!
Here’s my experience so far
Day 1 - I was calm as I went into theatre 9.10 am. Next thing I woke up in high dependency unit (HD is normal for first 24 hrs post surgery) 2.00pm any pain I had was eased with dia morphine. I was thirsty and sucked on moistened sponges. After a few hrs I was allowed sips of water which I regret because I had to visit the commode twice in the wee small hours! (Ouch)
Day 2 I got up and had a wash there were 8 plasters on my stomach they were tender but not painful. You are pumped with gas during the op this is trapped, needless to say over next couple of day nature took is course I was fine.
Day 3 I was released after proving I could walk an allotted distance. Had someone to look after me for a couple of days and learn how to inject myself for 7 days to stop blood clots!
Day 4 was an emotionally low day when I thought OMG what have I done. I was still swollen & finding it difficult to take fluids. I was full after taking my vitamins & calcium supplements.
But every day from then on I have felt better and better no more mood swings something I have suffered from for over 2 years have disappeared!
Day 12 Sat night I went to a party I had a taste of everything (mashed) a small Bacardi & coke and played bowling on the Wii. I joined in with the high spirits and felt absolutely wonderfully normal for the first time in years. Look out life here I come !!!!! xxxxx

Oh well, February's over and done with now. Hope all the Feb oppers are doing well (Chris - sounds like it's all going well for you! Bacardi and coke so soon too - I was told it'd be 6-12 months before I should try alcohol)!

I hope to read how you're all progressing over the coming months on here.
My hubby's op was on 21 Feb and he's lost 10lbs in 7 days so well chuffed!
Hopefully I'll be back on another list, fingers crossed for April or May once I've got the results of my liver biopsy, and I'll be on that Losers bench soon.

Congrats one and all! x

Hi Guy's
I’m 2 weeks post op (bypass), I feel fabulous. Lost 21lb wow wee!!!!!
Here’s my experience so far
Day 1 - I was calm as I went into theatre 9.10 am. Next thing I woke up in high dependency unit (HD is normal for first 24 hrs post surgery) 2.00pm any pain I had was eased with dia morphine. I was thirsty and sucked on moistened sponges. After a few hrs I was allowed sips of water which I regret because I had to visit the commode twice in the wee small hours! (Ouch)
Day 2 I got up and had a wash there were 8 plasters on my stomach they were tender but not painful. You are pumped with gas during the op this is trapped, needless to say over next couple of day nature took is course I was fine.
Day 3 I was released after proving I could walk an allotted distance. Had someone to look after me for a couple of days and learn how to inject myself for 7 days to stop blood clots!
Day 4 was an emotionally low day when I thought OMG what have I done. I was still swollen & finding it difficult to take fluids. I was full after taking my vitamins & calcium supplements.
But every day from then on I have felt better and better no more mood swings something I have suffered from for over 2 years have disappeared!
Day 12 Sat night I went to a party I had a taste of everything (mashed) a small Bacardi & coke and played bowling on the Wii. I joined in with the high spirits and felt absolutely wonderfully normal for the first time in years. Look out life here I come !!!!! xxxxx

nice to hear youre doing well! Even getting a party in! x

Oh well, February's over and done with now. Hope all the Feb oppers are doing well (Chris - sounds like it's all going well for you! Bacardi and coke so soon too - I was told it'd be 6-12 months before I should try alcohol)!

I hope to read how you're all progressing over the coming months on here.
My hubby's op was on 21 Feb and he's lost 10lbs in 7 days so well chuffed!
Hopefully I'll be back on another list, fingers crossed for April or May once I've got the results of my liver biopsy, and I'll be on that Losers bench soon.

Congrats one and all! x

hope its not too long for you Karen, chin up :) any news from the tests yet? x

Hi Deets

Test results will be on 18 March, late afternoon.
Will be keeping everything crossed until then.
Thanks for asking hun. xx

Hey all I feel so much better today.. still got that pain in my stomach but I told myself that it is not going to control my life so I got up and worked hrough it today... Hopeully it will go away soon... tomorow is my 2weekaverisary and i have lost 13 lbs... but I have my weigh-in in the mornin... My dad had to take my scale away because I was getting on it too much so now i can only weigh myself on tuesdays lol he even hid I can't find it anyone (I looked high and low)... but every one please support me and join me through my journey on facebook at spongebobjcw channel thanks :)

Back