• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travelling and working after a bypass

Meggie

Hey all! I've just had a meeting with my boss who has told me that I may need to go to Oslo for a few days to test some children and set up a new centre. She says it'll be around the start of March. Do you think it is unrealistic of me to be able to say yes? I'm having my bypass on the 19th of February and am booked off work until the 8th. I think the answer is yes but will it be safe for me to fly??

Thanks! Work know I'm having an op but don't know what its for!! Not really the taking it easy week I had planned!!

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I would say that you will not be emotionally and physically up to the journey after the op.
You have very little energy after the op. I am going back to work tomorrow, 2 weeks after my bypass, but I still feel tired with very little energy. my GP only agreed to sign me back because my Job is a sit down job, with NO Travelling or anything Physical.

Meggie

Thats what I figured. :-( Gutted!! Work will not be pleased!! The work I do isn't massively physical but the idea of travelling to work that week is scary enough, let alone Oslo!!!

Thanks for the reply!

Silversurfer

I had two weeks planned of after my bypass and ended up taking three as i just didn't have the energy for it, i had no complications or pain, but found myself getting very tired in the afternoons.

Meggie

Well I have told work that I might be ok with two weeks but may need to take a bit longer. They seem to have conveniently forgotten this!!

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Well I have told work that I might be ok with two weeks but may need to take a bit longer. They seem to have conveniently forgotten this!!
Dont let them bully you back, it's not worth it.

Meggie

Dont let them bully you back, it's not worth it.

:) I won't, don't worry!! I think I'd be a bit scared of going to a country that I don't know so soon after surgery. Do they do many bypasses in Oslo!?!?!

kphorrox

everyone recovery seems to be different so i wouldnt let work organise anything just incase you are not up to it.
oslo is it all expenses paid?? ive never been lol
good luck
kerryx
ps wheres ya op??

Meggie

everyone recovery seems to be different so i wouldnt let work organise anything just incase you are not up to it.
oslo is it all expenses paid?? ive never been lol
good luck
kerryx
ps wheres ya op??

I won't. There are some other people who could go instead so not the end of the world if I'm not better. I'm just gutted!! I have always wanted to go to Oslo! And it is all expense paid......though obviously my food bill would be pretty cheap!!!

I'm having my op at the Whittington Hospital, London on the 19th of Feb!!