• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up today

By the way the protein powder has 25g of protein in one sachet . .

Hi Claire, it's been too early for eggs for me yet... I felt like I'd swallowed a brick... even scrambled...

Keep everything you have watered down with either milk or water... I have everything so it falls through a fork right now. Or it's painful.

I'm going to be investing in the protein powders that Mel has recommended... would be lovely to have as a milk shake... or yoghurt.

We are going to get there Claire and do hope you are starting to feel better.

It's really trial and error and the healing will take time but it'll happen, be sure to rest and delegate... take it steady & don't rush.

At your side Angel, love and hugs xxx

Hi Claire you can get the protien from holland and barrett if you want them straight away, but i dont think they do sachets love and the tubs are not cheap. Iv not tryed eggs yet but my daughter and i tryed blending some haddock potatoes and veg up yesterday, tastes ok too haha. Im still having strained soups and i eat laughing cow low fat cheese triangles on there own. Your doing well love and it will get better each day. xxxx

I'm having the low fat cheese triangles as a treat in between meals too Andrea... and babybell light...

Love and hugs xxx

Bless u all.

im gonna pop to holland & barrat and get some protein whatsit. I need to get the protein into my diet.

I need to work on my head and I think taking a step back is the way to go.

As always thank you all so much for ur help. Everyone helps, it's so nice to know that ur all here.

Love claire x x

Lol...i just love cheese bev and im not prepared to go without it ever haha.. im having some strained veg soup for dinner from yesterday i really enjoy it, then for tea i shall have a portion of the haddock that we pureed yesterday that i kept back in the fridge.

So funny yesterday when my eldest daughter came to visit, well she hadnt seen me since monday and she could see that my tum was not swollen and bloated....well i sat and had my dinner which was strained veg soup and after about 8tsp full i stood up and my stomach had bloated up so much she couldnt believe it..thats what happens to me when iv eaten or been sipping lots haha..she was stroking my tum saying just look at that lol..oh you got to laugh sometimes lol. xxxx

Claire love I would try some soups for a week or so. Your pouch may deal better with that than pureed meat/chicken. You can also blend some tofu into soups to add extra protein.

Also pureed cauliflower cheese is very tasty and a good protein source.
As to how you're feeling - you may be 'grieving' over food. I found I did at about your stage. We've clung to food to meet emotional needs for so long, it can be quite hard to suddenly be without it.
Keep logging onto the forum to get support love.
Oh and by te way- your weight loss so far is amazing - your body is probably now in shock at having lost so much, so fast - don't be surprised if you hit a little stall. Things will start moving in the right direction again in a week or two. I'm still losing nicely at 6 months out. Try to see your journey as a marathon, not a sprint!

Hugs, Grace xxx

Grace said:
Claire love I would try some soups for a week or so. Your pouch may deal better with that than pureed meat/chicken. You can also blend some tofu into soups to add extra protein.

Also pureed cauliflower cheese is very tasty and a good protein source.
As to how you're feeling - you may be 'grieving' over food. I found I did at about your stage. We've clung to food to meet emotional needs for so long, it can be quite hard to suddenly be without it.
Keep logging onto the forum to get support love.
Oh and by te way- your weight loss so far is amazing - your body is probably now in shock at having lost so much, so fast - don't be surprised if you hit a little stall. Things will start moving in the right direction again in a week or two. I'm still losing nicely at 6 months out. Try to see your journey as a marathon, not a sprint!

Hugs, Grace xxx

Grace, you've tickled my fancy now with cauliflower cheese. Should I make my own or is a packet ok?

I cannot thank everyone enough, it's lovely . You think ur on your own until u log onto this site. It's like having a huge family xxx

Grace, you've tickled my fancy now with cauliflower cheese. Should I make my own or is a packet ok?

I cannot thank everyone enough, it's lovely . You think ur on your own until u log onto this site. It's like having a huge family xxx

Claire I used Asda's frozen cauliflower cheese; it works well because you can microwave and puree just a little bit. You can also add extra low fat cheese, milk (extra milk helps it to blend to the right consistency) and some Marvel milk powder to boost your protein.
I'm very happy to be able to help Claire. That's why we're here! We are like a family, aren't we? Never feel you're on your own in this.
xxxx

I've been having cauliflower cheese regularly this week and mashing it with my fish... if you can get low fat it's fine, but it's so easy to cook your own...

A good way of eating veg & cheese in protein and I love cauliflower cheese...

Love and hugs, Claire you are doing brilliant Angel xxx

Hi Claire hope you managed to get your protien and hoping you are trying to understand it all a bit better. Iv mainly been sticking to the same stuff but after another 2 weeks of the pureed stage i will be glad to move onto the soft/crispy stage...i just love melba toast. You will get there lovey...together we will all do it. xxx

hi claire sorry i have only just read you post x i didnt any weight week 3 but i started again the following week . i think its just the body saying hey what you doing ?? i still cant get eggs easily but i am now managing to eat quiet a few other things..............

Google the Delia smith low fat White sauce, it's just milk (use skimmed) and flour, no butter etc. Then add a tsp of wholegrain mustard and some low fat mature cheese (the stronger the cheese the less you need). Mustard brings out the flavour of the cheese so again you don't need to use as much. Add the cheese bit by bit and taste it as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Claire - I use the low fat version like shelbell above but I also add a spoonful of philly light to make it really creamy. I make any veg into 'gratin'. I love leeks in cheese sauce, cauli and brocolli with cheese sauce and even make a vegetable bake with all different veg in together with the light cheese sauce with extra philly and grated cheese on top . . . even my daughters like it and they are not reknown for their love of veg!

Keep going - you will get there !! xx

Claire, hold up sweetheart. You are two weeks post op. Your body has had major trauma, your innards have been replumbed. You have to be patient with your body and give yourself a lot more praise for what you are overcoming....

Our provider has us on 4 weeks fluids, 4 weeks puree then slowly incorporating solids such as chicken so i think you are doing pretty well.....

If i was you and your pouch is hurting then do as someone else said and go back a stage for a couple of days. Why not try some really well pureed stews if you feel you need food.

As for the drinking, there have been times for me 8 months post op when i've eaten too much and i physically cannot drink for a while, never mind getting one in 30 minutes after food. Luckily we learn this lesson and it doesn't happen often :)

As the others say, your only just coming up to two weeks post op and it sounds like you are doing fine....

If you feel thirsty and can't manage to drink after food (30 minutes) then why not get some sugar free ice lols (tip tops even) because its amazing how one of those can rehyrdrate your mouth after spending a bit of time sucking it....

As for the weight loss, you have scared the crap out of your body losing so much weight so quickly. It's holding onto your reserves but once it realises the food will still come it will let go again soon...be patient!

Keep your chin up girl, i think you are doing fabulously xx

Sorry i'm cockeyed and read back through the last page. I see your considering protein powders? They have made some people dump so be careful of sugar/fat contents.

If your a milkfan why not get some Crusha no added sugar milk shake syrup and make some milk shake but put the extra Marvel (dried milk) in it to boost your protein intake? Also i absolutely adore milky coffee and have at least one mug a day, when initially post op i doubled up with the dried milk in them too.... The cheapest way to boost your protein :)

Good luck all of you lovely losers xx

Back