• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up today

I hate my pouch today. All I wanna do is have a good drink (I don't mean alcohol) of pop. I've has my tea, just chicken which ended up really hurting. Then I waited 30 mins to drink then that really really hurt. It had to come out cos it could go down.

I'm also getting pains inside, it's under the large incision on the left hand side. It feels like someone is knifing me, not all the time just every now & again.

Sorry for moaning my weight hasn't moved this week and its annoying me I can hardly eat & in pain and I'm not even loosing weight.

What's up with me :0( x x x

Claire... I had a bad day last week with this type of thing and went back a stage... Dawn texted me and said to go back on slowly sipping liquids...

I'm having fish, but with parsley sauce.. to help it go down and still mashing everything.

That left hand side is very tender on me too and I feel something sharp... thought a stitch was sticking in me... but I'm thinking it's staples knitting and settling and flesh getting itself organised.

Keep in touch, here if you need me Claire.

Love and hugs xxx

I asked my surgeon why the left side felt so tight he said they had deep stitched the muscles.Maz x

I'm so thirsty I could murder a big drink. I either drink what I'm supposed to and I can't eat or I eat what I'm supposed to and I can't drink.

Can u sip then sip then sip or is it one sip every now and again???

I've lost 2 stone 4 in four weeks but this week nothing has happened. What could I do doing wrong???

:0(

Claire if you are eating chicken already you are doing rather well . . was this really mushed up? You are only ll days out from your op so probably this is a bit soon. I certainly could not have eaten chicken that early out.

I sipped drinks all the time - fluid intake is also the key to weight loss and keeping you feeling 'full'. I permanently had an evian water bottle full of NAS squash and drank sips all day.

When you say 'pop' you dont mean fizzy drink do you? Fizzy drinks expand in the pouch and cause pain. You may be able to drink it further out but I wouldnt recommend it yet! I am five months out now but I cant drink fizzy drinks without stirring the fizz out first.

Hope this helps. Mel x

Claire, my weight slowed down after the first two weeks precious, we can't keep losing at that pace.

I keep a pint of fresh water and sip all the way down this around half an hour after meals, a mouthful at a time, sipping not gulping and I get through 2 to 3 pints of water a day on it's own that way... I'm not ready for chicken yet.. I tried tinned salmon only a couple of spoons last week and felt like you did with the chicken.

I'd be taking a step back love and start posting your daily intake if it will help you with me on the daily meal thread.

You'll be feeling tired and weak and it makes you feel worse.. plus post op.

Don't worry love, you can ring your team and we are here for you.

Love and hugs xxx

Last edited:
I'm so thirsty I could murder a big drink. I either drink what I'm supposed to and I can't eat or I eat what I'm supposed to and I can't drink.

Can u sip then sip then sip or is it one sip every now and again???

I've lost 2 stone 4 in four weeks but this week nothing has happened. What could I do doing wrong???

:0(

i was like that for the first 2 weeks, so i just focused on getting my liquids in. The third week has been a better in terms of drinking more and eating pureed food, but ive lost f*ck all which is totally annoying, especially when i lost 10lbs last week!! argh!! i know the body naturally stalls every 3 weeks or so, as it thinks its being starved. At least we're not putting weight on! :D x

hsmel said:
Claire if you are eating chicken already you are doing rather well . . was this really mushed up? You are only ll days out from your op so probably this is a bit soon. I certainly could not have eaten chicken that early out.

I sipped drinks all the time - fluid intake is also the key to weight loss and keeping you feeling 'full'. I permanently had an evian water bottle full of NAS squash and drank sips all day.

When you say 'pop' you dont mean fizzy drink do you? Fizzy drinks expand in the pouch and cause pain. You may be able to drink it further out but I wouldnt recommend it yet! I am five months out now but I cant drink fizzy drinks without stirring the fizz out first.

Hope this helps. Mel x

I'm 2 weeks from op and the diet list said pureed meat. It was really mushy. I only had it cos I don't eat meat or fish (haven't done for years) so I've been worried about not getting enough protein so I thought I'd give it a go.

I don't mean fizzy pop I just mean I'd love to drink a full glass of pop like I used to. Guess I'm just missing a normal drink that's all!!!

I'll be ok x

The first few weeks are really tough, mentally. I found myself wishing I could eat like before....I wasnt hungry atall but I just missed the pleasure I used to get from food and drink. You will get your head round things a bit better as time goes on and it should get easier (HUG) XX

Oh I do feel for you . . I too sometimes feel I could just glug down a glass of something . . and still cant. If I forget and even take a large swig it gives me hiccups. Think like Jac says above it just takes serious getting used to and as she says the first few weeks are tough. Keep going hun you will be fine xx

Claire, as the others said your body will be reserving it's energy at the moment. I used to have a bottle of water by the bed so that I could have a sip when I woke during the night. Chicken can be hard to digest post op and because you haven't had any for a few yrs your body wouldn't be used to it. You can get your protein from pulses, cheese and lentils which are quite soft when cooked. Mind you, they can be difficult to digest. Don't get disheartened, you're only a few weeks out from your op. Sending you lots of hugs.

Thank you all for helping me.

I feel so ungrateful saying I hate the pouch after all I fought so long to get it. I think just because your tummy is small doesn't mean your mind falls straight into line. I'm not hungry (which is a god send) but my head still wants stuff. Then I think coupled with the pain & lack of weightloss this week your brain in it's infinite wisdom tries to rationalise, you can almost hear it saying "oh that was a waste if time, if only we could eat & drink". No wonder dieting was so hard before, you don't realise how strong the minds control is do you?

Again thank you for your thoughts they are all appreciated. x x x

Hi Claire darling sorry you are struggling lovey.
You do need to be so careful at this stage love.
You should be on the pureed stage for 3 weeks before moving onto soft and crispy stage.

I think if the chicken wasnt pureed love thats what will have caused you the problem.
You were done 3 days before me claire and from a couple of days ago i started feeling really well and still am.

Claire lovey try not to over do it, when i have eaten iv found that i wait about an hour before i drink anything as 30mins for me is to soon. Everyone is different love.

Try not to allow yourself to get to the full stage when eating a meal as by the time its digested you will feel fuller.

Are you blending everything? Liz told me that if i wanted to stay on the fluids stage for 3 weeks instead of pureed foods then that was ok....try having strained soups..slimfast, yogurt and weetabix or porridge and see what happens love.

Let me know how you are lovey and im thinking of you, its all a learning curb and we will get there in the end. Text me love. Huggs xxxxx

Claire, we all have ups and downs precious and it's normal, so don't worry just pick up today and carry on love.

I always think about the 3 week cycle with weight and you can have a couple of good weeks of losses and then on top of that the body then thinks... hey... I need to store and starve... so we get a slow down...

Keep chugging on, we get there by chugging and we are here for you love.

I'm still eating soft things that fall through a fork and have loads of water and I'm almost 4 weeks out. I'm not ready for anything heavy or solid or I get pain.

I turned over in bed last night and felt the sharp left hand pain where a lot of work has been done, it reminded me, it's early days and a lot of healing is going on.

Have a good weekend and you are well on your way love... time heals and relax if you can.

Love and hugs xxx

I think your right I'm gonna go back a step. I'm just worrying cos I don't eat or fish. I tried fish the other day and that hurt.

Think I'm gonna buy some of the protein powder that you can sprinkle on your food. Then I won't feel under pressure with the meat & fish.

Does any one have any suggestions on which one to use? Can you buy them anywhere?
Xxx

Also put marvel in your drinks to bump up the protein.

Cheese in your soup to increase protein...

Keep off eggs, they are too heavy yet Claire...

Milk is good protein.

I'm going to just find something for you to read that may help you, bear with me love... I'll be back and post it on here for you.

Keep going, we are here for you.. xxx

Last edited:
Bev that is fantastic. I'm gonna print it out and it goes on the fridge.

I am definatley not getting 60g of protein. I would be shocked if I'm getting 6g.

Can I get a protein powder to shake on my food.

Typically I'm having,

Porridge (very milky) for breakfast or weetabix (very milky)

Pureed carrot cauliflower & mash & gravy for dinner (only a few tablespoons)

Scrambled egg & cheese

(my other half has been cooking my scambled eggs, he does them slowly on the stove. I've been doing the in the microwave just stirring them once. I think mine have too much air in. When the other half does them I don't have any problems)

I also have 2/3 fromage frais a day to get some protein in.

I drink possibly water with vimto (but not enough, I know that)

So how am I doing? X

Reactions: Bev
Hi Claire

Try myprotein.com website as they do all sorts of whey protein powders. If you click the link then scan down the left hand side you can order 'samples' which are sachets of different flavours. That way you decide which you do and dont like before getting a huge tub.

I mix the powder with plain natural low fat yoghurt and find a. it is filling and b. it is easy to digest. you can also make it into a milkshake by putting some in a blender with yoghurt and milk and when you feel up to it a banana too. I still have days when I cant eat much at all and use it then. If you are not a meat and fish lover then definitely wait till you are further out from your op before trying again. I still find I can eat flat fish (like sole) but only with a cheese sauce or parsley sauce or similar to help it go down so at this stage I would really not worry. It is the 'head hunger' that is so hard to get your head round. I still think I want things now . . but my head is slowly catching up!! xxx

Back