• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel all alone

dsarah1977

HI all thought i would write on here as i feel all alone in my weight loss at the moment as you know i got funding etc waiting for a date my family just arent supportive at all i really donr think they care at all if im fat or not all they do is think of themselves,my sister is behind me and and other non relations but its not the same...they dont even ask me wat procedure im having wat it is or nothing and i never noticed with them till others actually pointed this out i thought i was a nice person :cry:but feel wat have i done wrong.I get more support of my 9 year old who undcerstands exactly wats going to be happening to his mummy.........so glad his aunt is there to have him for me and i know she will bring him to see me everyday im there as for everyone else doubt they will put themselves out as to far for them to travel......its 30 mins down the road,my mum came to 1 appointment with me though i must say.Anyway im sorry for the moan but really needed to get this of my chest.

take care all

sarah xx:break_diet:

Hi Sarah

Why dont you actually sit your relatives down and tell them how much this means to you and how you need their support - maybe they think you are ok. Sure they would be really upset if they knew you were stressing like this.

Hi Sarah

I know how you feel and what it feels like. Altho my mom was supportive of this procedure I feel its only cause she's embarrassed of my weight. My wedding I had no support from her from start to finish and I was gutted. It still cuts deep now when I think about it.

I'm not really sure how I deal with the situations or cope with the disappointment so I cant really help in that way, I just wanted you to know that your not alone at all. There are many of us on here who will support you all the way thru good and bad times. I know its not the same but sometimes it makes us stronger having to deal with these things.

Keep your chin up, they'll soon notice when your a few stone down.

Sending hugs :D x

Hi Sarah,

I can't really offer any advice as I haven't been in your situation but just wanted to send you a big hug :gen126::gen126::gen126: and hope you are feeling a bit more cheery soon.
All the best,
Cuppa xx

Hi Sarah,

I agree thank sitting down and talking to your family may help.
Their lack of interest maybe just fear of the unknown.

My mum was a bit against the op till she knew more about it. She now admits this was because of her fears for going through a major operation.

I hope you can work it out having some support does really help. It good that you have your son's aunt to lean on for support.

Though we text each other often my brother turned up the day of my op. I hardly ever see him as he has 2 babies (dogs) that can't be trusted in the house alone.

I hope it sorted soon.
Pinky xx

Hi Sarah just wanted to tell u hun that u r not alone u have all ur friends here on MM and we are here to hold your hand through your journey.
Take care hun and chat soon luv Roch xx

chin up sarah babe wls is such a rollercoaster of emotions , and feeling without support at this time is very difficult i know as at times iv felt the same way, we cant make people act different from how they are , like others have said maybe to sit them down and be honest about how you feel you maybe end up with more support than you dreamed off, take care sarah you know there is always someone on her to listen to your worrys dont be alone hun xx

Hope you manage to sit down with them Sarah and manage to get through to them. Perhaps you should also ask them a few questions about how they feel about it and why. maybe then you can reassure them. Maybe they dotn realise how muxh support you need. Sometiems we just have to ask before people realise.

Good luck Xx

Oh poor you, that is not nice. But maybe they dont want to talk to you about it because they may not have come to terms with it yet. Lets face it, this is probably not the first time you mentioned a new weight loss method to them. When we decide to have WLS, it dominates our thoughts completely (well for me anyway) and we want to discuss it all the time, maybe your family dont realise that. Maybe it hasnt sunken in yet and maybe you need to just tell them how scared you are and ask for their support. Alot of the time it is lack of understanding. Normal sized people dont understand the reason we made the decision to have WLS and think if we just eat salad and walk more we will lose weight. I'm lucky my family and friends are supported to me but I was very choosy in who I told and I sat them down and gave them loads of information, like the little booklets you get at the hospital.

I hope you do manage to get the support you need and in the meantime draw strenght from this site as we are all in the same boat.

Hugs and love

Hi Sarah,

Hang in there i understand both sides as my mum and sister was and is super suportive but my dad and brother didnt seem to interested and it really frustrated me as this is a big decision and I really need support.

I sat my dad and brother down and advised exactly what was going to happen and what i need from them they soon stepped up to the plate. I think they just didnt understand what the operation involved and I have to say my dad didnt miss one visiting time whilst I was in hospital.

So i would sit them down and explain it all to them. Your family may not know how they can help and think you might have all under control and not need their help. So say whats in your heart huni.

Back