• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive lost 11 stone but i still feel fat

andy12861

hi all i know this is going to sound daft but it's something that's going through my head at the mo. maybe it's because of my saggy belly :cry:but it's how i feel or maybe im still thinking im still fat if you look at my photos ive lost alot of weight off my face but its what is under my clothes that count its what i can see and others cant just wanted to get this off my chest bye for now andy

How long is it since you lost your weight? it take a while for our heads to get ropund that we're not still the 'fat one'. This is more apparent when the weight loss weas quick. I still look at size 10 clothes and think I'll never get in them......

Have you thought of seeing your GP about a TT on NHS?

Hi Andy, wow, what a weight loss. I'm afraid I have no wise words but just wanted to say that maybe your "head" hasn't caught up with your weightloss yet and is finding it hard to adjust. Also, I know how disheartening it can be to lose loads of weight and have saggy bits left over. I hope you feel a bit better about it all soon.

Kind regards
Jen x

hi andy,
sorry to hear that you still feel fat but i agree with what sarah says and i would have thought that it does take awhile for you to get used to the "new you". have you thought about maybe having counselling to help you with your body image as im sure that you're looking great now :)
keep your chin up, tasha xxx

Hi Andy

Mind and body are not always in sync...it will take while.

But oh boy you have done so well...you should be proud of yourself.

(((hugs)))

Well, when i was younger and i was at my goal weight and was at my fittist, i still felt fat. When i put on weight i felt the same, so no matter what i was weight wise i just compared myself to others and thus saw myself as a fatty.

Whats changed now is that i appreciate myself a lot more. I know i have a long way to go but i just think as the days go on how happy i am to be loosing weight and being able to do all the things i couldnt do before.

Yes you may have body image issues because of how you feel inside but others dont look at you in the same way you look at yourself.

This may sound harsh but sometimes you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with life and feel less sorry for yourself. You have done amazing getting 50kgs off just keep it going and be more positive. Waking up everyday, tell yourself to be positive and get out there and live life to the full.

I have felt the same since i was a kid until i changed my view and lifestyle so that i can always be positive, even when things are not going well you just have to get on with it. There are opions for your stomach but tbh your issues sound like they are mixed around self confidence and feeling sorry for yourself.

There are a lot of people far worse off than us and i count my blessings that weight loss is my only problem at this time in my life.

Hi William, what is a telemetric gastric band?

Hi Andy, what a brilliant weight loss. It will take a while for your head to catch up with the body. You can see you've lost the weight but its not sinking in just yet for your brain to accept the changes. Well done on your achievement so far and I hope you get through the "fat day" feeling real soon. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Hi Jenny, Well done on your weight loss thats brilliant what you done.

WOW Andy...you're looking FAB!!!

very well done on your loss so far...your family must be amazed by you :eek:

I too believe that you've just not had chance for your head to catch up with your WL to date...it's always difficult to see it in ourselves even though our clothes tell us a different story.

Onwards and downwards my man :happy096:

Well done Andy, what a fab loss:D:DI fear that I will always feel fat, as I even did at 8st 4:eek::eek:There's no way you are fat though now chuck;)

firstly andy very well don on your fabulous loss. You should be very proud of yourself.
I can fully understand your feelings of still being fat. When i was at my lowest weight and looked good and was healthy, i never felt it. i didnt give myself a chance and put it all plus loads more on and spent the next 15 years trying to get it back.
With being overweight i hate myself, have no confidence and a very low opinion of myself. Changing those feelings will take time. beleive in yourself and enjoy your loss.
whislt im losing now everyday day i tell myself im a good person who deserves to be fit, happy and be slim. im trying to give myself a break something i would never have done before.

WOW Andy what a fantastic weight loss.I am only 7 weeks on this journey and cannot even begin to imagine myself thinner.

You have done so well so far, it is going to take a while for your head to catch up with your body.

Remember the hardest part is done, we all know how difficult it is to lose the weight , and you have already done that.

Chin up and look forward to a healthier and slimmer life.

:grouphugg:

hi all thanks for the replys i know what everyone is saying and i think its true your mind has to have time to catch up with your body.i know i am alot thinner than i was i think it was like when i was at 29 stone. id look at myself and kid myself that i wasnt fat now i look at myself and think im not thin ive got maybe another one to one and a half stone to lose and maybe then i'll think ye i really am thin i do hope so bye for andy:)

Back