• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel ill

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi all,

I am five days post op and after eating small amounts of daily requirements I feel sick and shakey. I manage ok with the wind but is it normal to feel sick and dizzy after eating. :( Please help

Sorry Joan I'm a bander so I don't know how you should be feeling. Why don't you look at Peterborough guy's blog or someone who has had a bypass and see if they suffered the same thing. Hope you feel better soon . Xx

Oh Joan, I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well. I'm sure someone will be along to help soon

Sending big hugs....hope you feel better soon....keep your chin up..x..:)

It may be you've eaten to fast or it's to high in sugars. So far other than the odd pain in my chest if I have eaten to rapidly I have been fine. I had one dizzy spell in hospital when they gave me some jelly I wasn't sure if it was sugar free & I wasn't sure if I was dumping a bit but the orderly assured me they only do sugar free so it may have been because it was the 2nd thing they had given me to eat beyond milk. Nothing since now only dizzy if I stand for long periods or try to do to much.

It sounds like dumping to me
I was 3 days out and had a cup-a-soup and dumped (hot, sweaty, nauseous and shakey).
What had you eaten that made you feel like that?

Ohhh no Joan I'm sorry to hear you feel a bit yuck.
I did have times when I felt just as you are describing.
Make sure you eat only what is on your plan and that you drink as much water as you can. You will feel much better in a week or so.
I felt poorly like you do just after my op.
Try not to worry and rest as much as you can.
Lynne x

Hi all, Thank you for your replies. I have a little readybrek at breakfast, soup at lunch and for tea depends what I feel like eating. I only have a small amount but it is from what I am allowed from my diet sheets.

I feel better today (except for painful wind) :whistle: because I only ate about 6 teaspoons of porridge with nothing in it.

And 6 teaspoons are about all I can manage at the moment but it still made me feelng sick and dizzy (just like dumping) I have only been able to manage about 3 to 4 small amounts a day. Soup is what I made and blended before I had my op. I used yoghurt pots to freeze it in and though I thaw and heat all the pot I dont eat it all (Gag) I have packet mash of which I use 2 teaspoons to lots of water to make it apple sauce consistancy. I added a small amount of philli cheese from diet sheet or hard cheese from diet sheet. I have had cooked pureed fresh veg with chicken gravy. So, am not eating anything that isnt on my diet sheets. I think the dumping could because my body only had water for two whole days the op and the milk diet 10 days before hand. It must be a shock to my system to re-introduce real food :D

I will have to wait and see how the days panns out before I ask for medical advise from the hospital. :) xx

Hi Joan, I would take a step back with the foods that you are eating. Porridge is probably too soon. I would stick to thin fluids that would go through a strainer. I think that you are trying too much too soon. I hope that helps.

Julie

it might be the readybrek
but make a note of anything that makes you feel warm and shakey within 1/2 hour of eating

Hi Joan, My surgery was Sunday so i'm similar to you. the advice i was given is mostly soups etc for the first week. everything had to be liquid form.
take a step back on the food and see how it goes.
get well soon.

I know each surgery provider has different guidelines but I was on a strict liquid diet for the first 2 weeks post surgery. It was only then that I could add things like porridge and mash etc.

Your body has just gone through a huge trauma so you are bound to feel rough for a while. I felt sick after eating for 2 solid months unfortunately but it faded eventually. Just keep fluids up and try to keep up the protein intake as well. Hope you improve soon. xx

Hi all, I am back in hospital as I can't even tolerste water and. Have been really ill. Had bloods done, a ct scan and on IV fluids. Waiting to hear what scan results are. Will let you all know when I know. Xx

OMG thats worring for you. Hope they sort it out soon.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Lynne x

Oh Joan hope you are doing ok and they have worked out what's causing all this and you are on the mend and back home soon.

mightyminx49 said:
Hi all, I am back in hospital as I can't even tolerste water and. Have been really ill. Had bloods done, a ct scan and on IV fluids. Waiting to hear what scan results are. Will let you all know when I know. Xx

Hi Joan

So sorry to hear your news :-(
Exactly the same thing happened to me post op (sleeve). I couldn't even get water down and was readmitted into hospital for a further 3 nights. Very dehydrated - I needed 5 litres of fluid! I also had a CT scan and thankfully everything was ok apart from post op changes (swelling).
Hope you get better soon :) xx

Hi! I am so sorry to hear you are back in hospital! I hope you have a very speedy recovery!! X x

Back