• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a little annoyed

Agave is still quite calorific. I quite like the tesco value. They are not made of aspartame

I'm looking at my weight loss so far and my 2 weeks pre op i lost 1st, and its taken me 6 weeks post op to lose only 13.5lb. My weight hasnt budged for 2 weeks and i really am not sure why. I am at a loss of what to do to trigger the weight loss again. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Well mine has not budged for 7 weeks and I am really fed up with the whole thing. I wish I never had this surgery. I though it would be a tool not a miracle but its not even a tool. You have to do all the same things to loose weight as though you never had the band so I could have saved myself 5 grand and 5 ugly keloid scars but there you go you live and learn!
Not saying I will not loose weight with it but its all down to me with the band or without the band. It only restricted you eating certain foods and does not make you feel any restriction for all the ''bad'' foods so what is the point? Call me negative I don't mind, me myself I just call it being real. I cannot pretend to other pre oppers it is this wonderful weigh loss device when I have found it not to be the case. I expected to loose a modest 1lb to 2 lbs a week, not a lot to ask I thought but.... what have I gotten? Nadda, zilch, zero! I lost more on my preop diet I did on my own....
Sorry I have no advice as to how to get you started to loose weight again but I will be very interested in how others are doing it because it is a mystery to me. Regrets? I have a £5,000 regret oh yes I do ;)

Bella, I get where you're coming from and the band requires more willpower than any other surgery. But every surgery, even the bypass requires you to get it right. I'm sorry you feel so misinformed, but we *all* have to work at it. Have you spoken to your dietician etc and asked for support? There's no harm in having a moan, but what are you doing about it?

I agree with Yvessa.

Contact your dietician for advice and be honest with her about what you are eating.

I think for most of us it is all about willpower at the start. I am 10 weeks post op and have 7ml in my band now I think? But I don't have full restriction. Don't get me wrong I 'think' I know it's there but I haven't challenged it!

What I mean is I have stuck to advice which is the 20-20-20 rule so it is almost impossible to overeat at a meal doing this. I understand you can eat more regular but just try getting in a routine.

Do you have 3 meals a day? maybe plan snacks in advance so you don't make poor choices. Hope you get sorted soon and your dietician can help you x x

Bella, I get where you're coming from and the band requires more willpower than any other surgery. But every surgery, even the bypass requires you to get it right. I'm sorry you feel so misinformed, but we *all* have to work at it. Have you spoken to your dietician etc and asked for support? There's no harm in having a moan, but what are you doing about it?

Thank you Yvessa but I think I am not quite putting my point across. I know the band takes willpower as does all diets, this is not my issue. I follow all the rules etc and its not about being misinformed its about being mislead. My dietician is of no real help she only gives general advice which we all know and have read over and over again. If like me you have been a dieter for 25 years there is not much we do not really know about what is and is not the healthy thing to eat and why we chose the surgery, well I speak for myself here, why I chose the surgery was not because I cannot stick to a diet I can but not long term, so this was last chance saloon what else was there? But I was lead to believe I would feel fuller longer, more satisfied and less hungry. Do I? No I feel exactly the same as I did without the band. My piont is we have "rules" to follow with the band and if we follow those "rules" without the band we will get the same result. My choosing the band was not that I thought it would be a miracle, I know it is only a "tool" and have no expectations of the band loosing the weight for me. What I expected the band to do, ney, was TOLD the band would do fuller, more satisfied, less hungry etc is NOT doing.
Had I known I would feel the exact same with the band as I did without I promise you I would have saved my £5,000 and myself 5 Keloid scars and would NOT catigorically NOT have had this surgery.
I know and appreciate everyone is different but I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. I am sharing my experience and my view and am not in any way saying this will be anyone elses experience but it is mine and it is valid.
I also have no doubt I will loose weight but I will not be putting it down to the band, because its ME who has to do all the work just as I would have without the band.
I regret the surgery, that is how I feel and I make no apologies for how I feel as I am living this experience. Hats of and KUDOS to anyone who is loving their band and having great success and feels it a blessing and wishes they got it sooner, good luck to them and all the blessing of congrats that go with that, but there are some of us out there who are not having success and who wish they had never had it, and we need to be heard too. Pre banders need to hear every perspective to let them see its not all glitter and butterflies and a wonderful thing. If just one person reads what I have posted and it makes them do their research a little harder and really ponder over their decision whether they decide to go ahead or not is irrelevant, if I can make someone just think a little deeper about such a huge decision, that is fine with me. But there are always two sides and if you are heads or if you are tails, one just has to accept that the other side of the coin is just as valid as theirs.
What can I do about it? I cannot have my £5,000 back, I cannot have my stomach back pre scared. I will just get on with it as I have been doing and surprise surprise I am 17:08 again this week, how many weeks is that now? I have lost track lol...
So I hope I have explained myself a little better and I really do appreciate your comments, hope you have a lovely weekend :) Bella.

Are you eating enough? You sound very disciplined - I no longer lose weight if I diet. You say that the advice is very general - have you shown her your food diary and asked her why she doesn't think it's working? Is there not another dietician you can see? I can't imagine a bariatric dietitician being vague.

Are you eating enough? You sound very disciplined - I no longer lose weight if I diet. You say that the advice is very general - have you shown her your food diary and asked her why she doesn't think it's working? Is there not another dietician you can see? I can't imagine a bariatric dietitician being vague.

Well i'm with THG and the bariatric dietitian was very vague. didnt tell me what i could have, was more concerned telling me what i couldnt have. i told her how difficult i was finding it and she told me to use my willpower. Well if i could use willpower alone i wouldnt of had surgery.

Breakfast cottage cheese with scrambled egg
lunch crackerbread with pate or marmite
tea a chicken thigh new potatoes with carrots and brocoli
supper crackerbread with marmite
drinks 3-4 teas with 2 sugars(have yet to find a sweetener that tastes nice) and 1 hot chocolate
Hi you dont say how much water/fluids that you're having so maybe you have to up them because it does help with the weight loss and you're body needs the fluids. Good luck. Hx

Back