• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Blaaahh!!!

I`m sorry your still sick hun have you got a fan to take your temperature down it might help thats what I use to do when the kids were sick . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret, I have the fan on one minute then I'm shivering really bad the next so off it goes.5 minutes later its on again lolx I'm needing so many nebulisers at the minute as well because I'm struggling with my breathing so sometimes the fan takes my breath. Go I'm such a mard ar*exx:wave_cry:

aww Gaynor you sound dreadful :patback: have you spoken to NHS direct or your own surgery for some advice? sounds like it's dragging on now if you've had it since last Thursday.

hope it starts to improve soon xxx

Ahhhhhhhhh Bless you!! Gail.x

Gaynor just checking in again...I think it's time to call the doctor hun...Or at least call the Swine Flu line to get assessed over the phone so that if you have it they can get you the meds you need.

You know a lot of people think they have the flu when in fact they have a very bad cold...but you sound like you have a real dose of the flu....which flu though you should try to find out.

You take car sweetheart...Hope you are feeling better today though.

(((hugs)))

Thanks Snowcrystal, I know what you mean about the mistake with flu's and a cold. The only thing that worries me is if I ring and they say "Yes" you've got swine flu. How do they know without swabbing me??
If they give me Tamiflu without testing for sure and I don't have it, what happens then if I do get it. You're only allowed it once are'nt you?
They did a research in Rotherham on 200 people that had been given Tamiflu from the phone assessments. Out of those 200 who had the tamiflu only 1 person had actually got swine flu. This is why I don't want to get them unless I'm swabbed first. Hope you understand what I'm saying because I'm probably just rambling now lol.
On a better note my temperature today is 37.5 so much better than it has been.xx

Thanks Snowcrystal, I know what you mean about the mistake with flu's and a cold. The only thing that worries me is if I ring and they say "Yes" you've got swine flu. How do they know without swabbing me??
If they give me Tamiflu without testing for sure and I don't have it, what happens then if I do get it. You're only allowed it once are'nt you?
They did a research in Rotherham on 200 people that had been given Tamiflu from the phone assessments. Out of those 200 who had the tamiflu only 1 person had actually got swine flu. This is why I don't want to get them unless I'm swabbed first. Hope you understand what I'm saying because I'm probably just rambling now lol.
On a better note my temperature today is 37.5 so much better than it has been.xx

Hi Gaynor

I'm afraid it is a process if elimination...but you can always refuse Tamiflu if they are vague about your symptoms actually being that of Swine Flu.

Either way, it might be an idea just to make sure one way or the other by discussing it with a professional...as you say your temperature is going down...could be you are hopefully over the worse.

The side affects of Tamiflu are not very pleasant either I'm told...

I hope you feel much better and in time for your sister's retake of her vows.

(((hugs)))

Back