• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling cold

Nurse Julie

Hello again (sorry if I'm driving you all potty with questions :confused:)

I am a woman of a certain age.....!
.....and for the past couple of years I have been roasting hot all the time but this past week I have been bloomin freezing, so much so that I have had the central heating on and my electric blanket too. Today for work I had to hunt out my thick woolly tights and my feet were still freezing.
Is this normal after surgery? Has anyone else felt like this? Will I eventually return to my 'hottie' state? :wave_cry:

Jxx

Don't know if it is something to do with diet. I have been freezing all the way through pre op diet! Just got out this morning & have heating on all day! Possibly so xx

I have to wear bed socks ( so sexy) jim jams and have an extra throw on my side. I'm huddled in a faux fur throw every evening and wearing my winter woolies.
It's from the wl I think !

I have to wear bed socks ( so sexy) jim jams and have an extra throw on my side. I'm huddled in a faux fur throw every evening and wearing my winter woolies.
It's from the wl I think !

I was so cold over the weekend that I made my husband get our faux winter blanket out of the loft and put it over me on my side of the bed.....he was roasting and I was shivering!
I went to Northwich town centre yesterday looking for a pair pyjamas that had long sleeves and fleecy bottoms, most places still have the summer stuff in but I eventually found a pair at Bon Marche......now my bum and legs are a bit warmer! :D

Jxx

Pmsl i know exactly how you are im feeling cold on on a hot sunny day but have to honest i have relented to the central heating never ever have i had the heating on in august .Bedtime is the biggest giggle i wear fleecy pjs dressing gown bed socks ..... god only knows what hubby thinks as he lays there semi naked lol x

Prior to surgery I was always hot and sweaty. Now I'm also permanently freezing. But, I suppose I've lost a lot of my padding!

This gets asked a lot
Apparently its a metabolic thing and losing layers of fat doesn't help :( :sigh:

I was told its something like a furnace when you only put a small amount of fuel (food) in the heat generated is less than if you put loads of fuel(food) in. Hope that makes sense
Hopefully when your weight loss levels out and you can eat more it will be better :rolleyes:
I am 16 months out and still feel the cold but my weight is leveling out now so hopefully I will start to feel a bit warmer soon.

All you pre-oppers out there be careful what you wish for.
People may have looked at you funny when you had got a t shirt on and sweat dripping down your face in the snow BUT even more make comments and stare when you are walking round on a hot sunny day wearing a thick coat and gloves :winter_brr: :D

I went from always being hot and sweaty and despairing of my skinny friends who were always moaning about the cold and hating the windows being open, to being one of them and having to resort to layers and permanently having a cardy with me. My weight loss has being especially around my shoulders, neck and top half and this is where I feel the cold the most. A small price to pay and I am one of the few who are looking forward to the menopause which raises your temperature a few notches I am told!

I rarely wear a coat apart from when it's raining or Snowing and even then I can't wait to take it off. It's another one of those things I'm looking forward to...post surgery I don't mind feeling cold as I can always put on another layer, but when I'm hot and sweaty (and not in a nice way) and all I'm wearing in the office is a thin shirt then there aint a lot else I can do.

I have never worn a coat, infact I have been known to play in the snow in a t shirt lol

I always wear shorts and t shirt when im sitting around at home, but since my op, I have been getting cold, so much so, that I have had to order some warmer clothes.

I have just today taken delivery of two hoodies, I have never owned a hoody before, but these are nice and warm, and better than anything, they fit me now yippee. lol

This gets asked a lot
Apparently its a metabolic thing and losing layers of fat doesn't help :( :sigh:

I was told its something like a furnace when you only put a small amount of fuel (food) in the heat generated is less than if you put loads of fuel(food) in. Hope that makes sense
Hopefully when your weight loss levels out and you can eat more it will be better :rolleyes:
I am 16 months out and still feel the cold but my weight is leveling out now so hopefully I will start to feel a bit warmer soon.

All you pre-oppers out there be careful what you wish for.
People may have looked at you funny when you had got a t shirt on and sweat dripping down your face in the snow BUT even more make comments and stare when you are walking round on a hot sunny day wearing a thick coat and gloves :winter_brr: :D

I'll risk it!! Only a 6 more sleeps and I'll let you know if it happens to me!

yes i to am cold also, i was freezing after my op but now 11 weeks on im a little better.. i was always the fat lass who was sweating now im the not so fat lass shivering lol xxxxxx

Same here!
I used to be HOT now i'm not!
I am always freezing cold unless i am asleep. For some reason I get very hot when I am asleep and keep kicking the covers on and off all night. I have bought myself coats, cardi's, wooly tights, leggings to wear in the evening at home and yesterday I bought myself four cammi's in the Asda sale for £1 each to wear as vests when we go on our walking holiday in FOUR WEEKS !!!
I would rather be cold and getting thinner than warm and getting fatter and I bet everybody agrees lol.
Lynne x

Same here!
I used to be HOT now i'm not!
I am always freezing cold unless i am asleep. For some reason I get very hot when I am asleep and keep kicking the covers on and off all night. I have bought myself coats, cardi's, wooly tights, leggings to wear in the evening at home and yesterday I bought myself four cammi's in the Asda sale for £1 each to wear as vests when we go on our walking holiday in FOUR WEEKS !!!
I would rather be cold and getting thinner than warm and getting fatter and I bet everybody agrees lol.
Lynne x

I have ordered some long sleeved pyjamas with fleecy bottoms from ebay. What a good idea Lynne re the vests, I think I will go to asda or Primark as I know that sell thermal vests and get some stock in ready for the colder weather.
On Wednesday and Thursday at work I was so cold they put the heating on for me.......although the rest of them were sweating :p
You are right though......I would sooner be cold and have to wear 20 layers of clothes and be thinner:)

Jxx

Last year Primark sold all in one fleece pyjamas complete with feet for about £10
I have got 2 pairs a dalmation pair with a hood that has even got ears (I chased my son around the house barking while he was laughing so much he kept falling over LOL)and a more sedate red pair with a reindeer motif

Keep your eyes open cos they were out as soon as they went on the shelves last year
Oh and they come up massive the small size fitted me at a size 16

lamornamiss said:
Last year Primark sold all in one fleece pyjamas complete with feet for about £10
I have got 2 pairs a dalmation pair with a hood that has even got ears (I chased my son around the house barking while he was laughing so much he kept falling over LOL)and a more sedate red pair with a reindeer motif

Keep your eyes open cos they were out as soon as they went on the shelves last year
Oh and they come up massive the small size fitted me at a size 16

They are in stock now, my son works there on a Saturday and they had just come back in last week.

Ladies they are back just picked up a new one for my sin a tiger but had devils to for the men and a lovely selection fir the ladies this year are £12

I have been freezing since having my op, put it down to not taking in enough calories to keep me warm! haha. Its not funny though, I sit with a blanket to watch TV of an evening, my family think I'm mad! x

When your body is being starved of calories, it goes into energy saving mode. The fuel it does get is used to keep your organs and brain functioning properly. It stops heating your extemeties, hands and feet. If you were to up your calories to what they were pre op you would be warm..........and fat. What do you prefer? ;-)

Back