• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Full

Sophie 124

What does feeling full feel like?
I've just started eating again after my first fill... I'm not sure whether I'm feeling the restriction or not.
Or is it just a case of when you feel it you will know? Xx

you had to wait a long time for your fill didn't you? How come? I had 9 weeks and my dietitian was not a happy bunny and said I should have had it earlier. Sadly I don't know as I have not felt restriction since the op. Hoping my second fill on saturday will sort me out!!!

Yeah I had to wait ages for the damn thing! Lol.
It was due in december but my providers decided not to come to London in December as they all took their annual leave then.
So I had it 3 days ago (that was the earliest one available).
Maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid about being sick.
Keep me posted on how your second fill goes.... I've got mine in 28th Jan.
Xxx

Hello there

what kind of feeling/symptoms are u feeling when u think you are full???? Well done on getting your first fill, how much did u have put in your band??? All the best Julie xx

Hi Julie
I only had 4ml put in and the nurse even told me that I probably wouldn't feel much difference but I don't want to push it.
I ate 2 scrambled eggs with beans for breakfast but only managed just over half, but for lunch I had an Admirals fish pie, took it slow but did eat it all. Xx

Hi Julie
I only had 4ml put in and the nurse even told me that I probably wouldn't feel much difference but I don't want to push it.
I ate 2 scrambled eggs with beans for breakfast but only managed just over half, but for lunch I had an Admirals fish pie, took it slow but did eat it all. Xx

Hello , thanks for your reply, do you know what size band you have in ?? and when I feel full the best way I can explain it is - I feel like I have eaten a 20 course meal and wanna vomit ( soz for tmi) I used to get a tight feeling in my chest but I dont get that no more just the first feeling I explained. Well done on taking your time to eat slowly, and with a fish pie its very wet and potato will go down easier then say some chicken with veggies etc. Hope that makes sense ( I often don't lol) All the best Julie. xx ( You need any more info/advise don't be afraid to ask away xxx

Wow blimey! So the band really does work eventually then! Lol!
Well in that case I definately don't have restriction yet.
I've got a 10ml band. Xx

If you don't get the need to vomit you do get tightness inbetween your boobies and the feeling that you can't get another morsel in...or the need to take some deep breaths! Well that's my experience anyway,,.but the slower you take it the easier it is...I now sit n eat watching tv as it slows me day whereas sat to the table I eat nonstop..and it kills me. Xx

So basically, I will definately know when I have restriction - good to know! I'll stop threating about eating now then. X
I'm so scared of being stuck at my desk at work and being sick that I bought a pack of 10 sick bags off eBay! Haha! Xx

Haha ya wally but saying that not a bad idea...I once had a strawberry stuck and had to be sick at work....was delivering a training session too...told them the buffet lunch made me feel queasy!!! If you take it slow then you'll be fine...if you want to experience it, rush a few big bites down you...you'll soon experience it (joke) lol xx

I'm just like you Sophie I don't think I have felt that full feeling yet. I'm also too scared to eat too much and experience that tightness or have good stuck (i know it's bound to happen at some point, but it just makes me feel sick thinking about it) and think I am not eating enough because I'm absolutely starving atm.

I have been sick many times it's not like normal vomit the whole food comes up in one and then you feel better. I was sick ony bus after a sausage roll the other day never been so bloody embarrassed but hey lol x

I have been sick many times it's not like normal vomit the whole food comes up in one and then you feel better. I was sick ony bus after a sausage roll the other day never been so bloody embarrassed but hey lol x

Hi Sue, if your being sick many times then your going wrong somewhere ( don't worry your not the first its happened too) the fact you state you vomit the whole lot up and instantly feels better sounds to me like you have eaten too quickly and the foods backed up and has nowhere to go but up and out. Try and take your time when you eat as constant vomiting is not good for a bander and may cause your band to slip and also constant vomiting causes the band to become tighter then normal. Hope you don't mind me trying to give you a little advice. Wishing you all the best - Julie x

Not at all Hun I had my 2nd fill yesterday was so disappointed just 1 ml in its so hard getting time off work and looks like it will be 1 ml everytime, u are right Julie I need to slow down big time, not doing too good at the min think I will always go thro life binging food, exercise alcohol but I trying hard x

suebland said:
Not at all Hun I had my 2nd fill yesterday was so disappointed just 1 ml in its so hard getting time off work and looks like it will be 1 ml everytime, u are right Julie I need to slow down big time, not doing too good at the min think I will always go thro life binging food, exercise alcohol but I trying hard x

I still eat too quickly a year on!

Sue don't keep being sick you'll damage your band and then you'll be moaning! And a sausage roll? What you playing at?! can't you prep a lunch box and take that with you to work then you can only eat what you take...but pack healthily lol :) xx

I'll take one of your sick bags Sophie. Had my dinner yesterday around 6:30 and felt fine. This morning I've woken up and feel like my food hasn't gone down properly, can't stop burping, and got the runs, very attractive....has anyone else experienced this?

Back