• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help plz guys fingernails lifting from bed of nail why?

pinkylin

Ive just cut all my nails short bcoz some of my nails seem to be lifting from the nail bed and I dont know why Im worried sick im going to lose all my nails.

My fingers feel bruised under the nail to like ive been trying to pull false nails off which I havnt is this a con from the surgery? has anyone else had or got this prob or heard of it ? plz help im worried sick lin.x

Oh that sounds horrible, Im pre-op so cant help and Ive never heard of it. I wouls see your GP hun, hope it gets better soon X

Lin I've never heard of such a thing but obviously I'm pre-op too.

You could have a nail bed infection though? Sounds like a visit to GP prompt is in order honey. Please let us know how it goes.

thanx hun yeh im thinkin of goin the docs or the walk in centre ive just cut all my nails short so i dont catch them on things and lift them up even more im worried im goin to lose my nails coz im due to start college in september as a holistic therapist and im sure peeps wont want me massagin them with gammy fingers coz i knw i wouldnt i just hope its a tempory thing or that i might b lackin in somethin and the doc can give me somethin for it.x

thanx charis yeh i will let yas knw as soon as i do lol

ooo youch sweetpea, my friend has this and she was deficient in vitamins,ande minerals, i all ready see you ve had your bypass, so its proberly lack of nutrients and vitamins you need to ring your team or go to gp and there ll prescirbe you the right vitamins etc your lacking, best wishes x

you defo need calcium for healthy teeth and nails! and Vit B12...I presume you're on a calcium supplement and iron supps Lin?

Hi Lin,

I had something similar after having cancer treatment last year.

It's taken me a while to get my nails back to normal... and I wondered if I would ever get them to grow properly again ....

I have used the Sally Hansen range of products to strenghten and nourish the cuticle and nail, plus worked on nail and hand massage.

Do hope you can get it sorted and good luck with your course!

Much love xxx

thanx every1 no im not on iron and ive never had a b12 injection and wondering if i should i will be asking my doc about this when i go on monday as its not open tomoz or id go then i am taken a multi vit and min from boots and im takin selenium and a calcichew from doc but maybe i need more i dont knw lin.x

I most certainly would love... anything to build your strength back up... it's amazing how it shows in your nails and wishing you the very best of luck to get it sorted... xxx

Lin I would ask for forceval instead of the boots supplements, and ask spire to recommend B12 (i'm under the same team and on b12 3 monthly, but this was started by the other spire). Also, get your iron levels checked.

good luck sweetpea x

Hello ,

It could be a fungal infection, I have this for both my big toe nails atm and doc sed if any puss/bleeding/pain occurs to go back and let them know, but its not painful in the slightest just worrying that I might loose both me nails, glad to say it isnt spreading. Hope you get it sorted asap .

All the best - MeJulie xx

hi shellbell yeh my m8 is on forcevel from doc ive never been offered but will b asking for it i can asure you and she also gets b12 injections every 3 months ive never been givin 1 so i just asumed i didnt need em but it actually says if youve had stomach surgery you should get them so why the hell am i not getin them somethin else i will b takin up with the doc at the end of the day this ismy health where talkin about and i wont be just pushed aside so the goverment can save money if thats been the reason why am not getin them lol thanx again to every1 whos helped me lin.x

Hi Lin, are you getting enough protein??? I'm sure I've read on some WLS info that hair and nails are made of protein and WLS can affect them - make the brittle, etc and that's why some people have hair loss - could maybe be the same reason for the nail problem you're experiencing.... If you think you're having enough vits/mins/proteins etc, I'd go to the doc and ask for advice - don't want to leave anything like that too long as you could get infection setting in...
Hope its sorted soon for you...

Hi Lin,

Oooo, you poor girl! Reiterating what everyone has already said, it could well be a vitamin deficiency, or lack of protein. We can all speculate but I really think the best thing is for you to pop along to the docs & have a full blood check on everything, so you get the right info. Keep us updated xxx

went the docs yesterday and he hasnt a clue to what it is so he is sending me for blood tests where hes checking my b12 iron u and e and and my liver function so we will see what comes back ive been told when they check your u and e its checking for protein and that so hopefully they can find out whats wrong and fix it promptley lol

Thanx for all the help and advice you gave me i really do appreciate it lin.xx

hope you get good news soon hunnibee x

thanx chic on a happier note i now weigh 13st9 hehe only 1st 9 to go till i get to my goal of 12st lol

u&e is urea and electrolytes, it checks your basic kidney functions, and that can include some aspects of protein.

Back