• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help plz guys fingernails lifting from bed of nail why?

thanx shellbell yeh my m8s mum told me that coz shes a distract nurse and she said they will check for ya protein in that so hopefully if they see there is a prob somewhere i might actually get some meds of them lol

Fingers crossed then Lin :)

A few years ago when my psoriasis started it started on my nails, and all of them became thick and lifted considerably from the beds (although it was because there was so much plaque under them, so it wasn't what is happening with you, don't worry!), so I can empathise with what you're going through. I hope they can work out what it is and get it sorted. It might take a while though due to how slowly nails grow.

hi shell yeh i knw hun thats what nail varnish comes in handy for eh hehehe been for me blood test today the vampires where on top form as always lol i felt quite weak after they took half me blood hahahaha so i went and had a costa coffee thats my excuse for a coffee and im stickin to it lol i love my lattes hahhahahahaa will let u all knw what the results r when they come bk lin.x

Good luck with the tests, i've been following this thread with interest. Hope you're sorted soon xx

thanx girls will let yas all know what the outcome is lin.x

they should be bk at my docs ths time nxt week hun so as soon as i knw i will put a post up on here to let yas all knw i promise coz that way if it happens to anyone else someone will remember this post and they will knw why it happend and can help that person then lin.x

I had the same thing a few years ago, I had my toenails lift and then my fingernails begain to lift so I spoke to my doctor. At first they thought it was fungal and sent my nail clippings off to be tested which showed nothing. I then saw a dermatologist and he said nail trauma caused it. I thought that was a bunch of rubbish, who heard of nail trauma spreading from you feet to your hands? Anyway, I never received a definitive answer but I have since found out that my medication for idiopathic intracranial hypertension (TOPOMAX - topiramate used for migraines, IIH, bi-polar disorder and as an anti-convulsant) can cause malformation of the nail beds and hairloss because it messes with your absorption of protein. Once I stopped taking the medication, after a few months my nails eventually returned to normal on my hands and only my nail on my right big toe remains slightly lifted on one side and that could be due to trauma as I have stubbed it a billion times.

Please do let us know the outcome for you as I am now curious if the bypass played a role in your nail bed problem.;)

will let you knw hun as soon as i do hope ya ok now lv lin.x

Back