• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling pants!

Grace

:wave_cry:
Hi all. Just coming on here for some tlc and sympathy because I'm feeling so pants today.
I neeeed some hugs.:needhug::needhug::needhug::needhug::needhug:

I can't manage to drink enough at all, I'm struggling to eat enough too.

yesterday I had some humus and some sf angel delight, then was up most of the night with the worst wind pain ever. I think maybe I ate the angel delight too fast because it was so easy to get down.:eek:

also yesterday I had a tiny petit filous fromage frais, no bother.

Today I had one about an hour ago and immediatley rushed to the loo...felt very dizzy, sick and like I was going to pass out. Now I look and see there's 6.5g sugar in the dratted thing. Enough to make me dump? but I didn't yesterday, I was fine.

:confused: I'm very confuzzled. :confused:

I totally CANNOT stand the thought of pureed meat or fish...yuck...can't stand the taste of plain water either........
what am I going to eat?
Also, I'm still VERY swollen so haven't even been to get weighed even though I'm a week post-op. I just couldn't bear the thought of not having lost weight.
I'd GAINED 2.3kgs post-op but I'm not worried about that coz I know I was VERY swollen.
Basically I'm feeling completely miserable and sorry for myself. Sorry for moaning...whinge over

Charis - poor you!!! sending lots of hugs.
I am a bander so cannot really help. What about sugar free squash to help Increase your fluid intake x

Orr Charis I am not sure what you can have, hang in there hun fingers crossed someone will give you some good advice.
Sending you big hugs x

Charis - poor you!!! sending lots of hugs.
I am a bander so cannot really help. What about sugar free squash to help Increase your fluid intake x

I'm trying that Trine and it's helping, but I just can't seem to stomach a lot of anything. I do know I have a very tiny pouch, the surgeon told me.

Awww Charis, Im sorry you feel so down xx
The thing with our new friend...the pouch...something can be fine one day and then upset us the next, hell, some things can be fine all of the time and then suddenly one day we react funny to it, it seems to be part of the wonderful world of the pouch.
I agree with the no added sugar squash, choose a flavour that you really like and have that. This sounds silly I know but I have sippy cups for when little ones visit and I often fill one and have my drinks that way, it comes out slowly (my pouch is easily overwhelmed by fluids) and is nice and small so easy to carry around the house.
Im not totally shocked you feel down, those early days are a bi*ch for that...I ran a real gammet of emotions, from eleation to despair and intense anger (weird) and post-op depression isnt uncommon. The only thing I can say though is that for me it hasnt lasted, within the first two to three months I began to feel a lot better and personally I am estatic most of the time now, I very rarely feel depressed.
So, like when you have children and they tell you to expect the blues, expect the post op blues, dont fight them, they are natural and they WILL pass xx
Much love xx
Steph xx

If your tummy can handle cold things (mine rarely can and couldnt even pre-op) suck away of sf ice pops.
Steph xx

Charis, you are so new post op you won't be able to drink much in one go! I managed about half a cup of tea before it was too cold to drink. Now i can drink plenty and it goes straight through my pouch. Your pouch is sore and swollen so won't hold much fluid without pain. My provider asks us to stick with fluids for the first 4 weeks (although i didn't manage 2 before going for mushed food). I'd suggest you try and do a few days of drinks and strained soup to give your pouch time to recover before trying something heavier like yoghurt or s/f angel delight... The wind pain is blooming awful, i've just suffered with it and thought my tea would end up in the loo. Deflatine helps and i try and bend over as well as i can whilst sitting without feeling uncomfortable (i think this helps it shift up but it might just be cos i'm bonkers!). If there's someone there with you ask them to wind you, like we do with babies. Seriously you feel like a right twit but it does help *footnote* don't expect to be tossed over their shoulder while they pat/rub your back :)

As Steph says it is a rollercoaster of emotions for some people, as you start to be able to tolerate more fluids and eat a bit more you will start to feel better. Especially while the scales are moving downwards. I wouldn't be weighing in for at least a week (if you can hold out for 2 even better) as you are full of fluids/anaesthetic and gas so won't get an accurate reading anyway...

Try shopping around for your squash, Tesco do a cherries & berries which is lush, there are so many more varieties now instead of just boring apple n blackcurrant. Hot lemon squash is quite nice too :)

Keep your chin up, and remember, every day is better than the last xxx

i also dumped on petit filous, i also didnt realise there was so much sugar in it

oh , Charis im so sorry to hear your not feeling good , sending you a big hug , i find drinking out of a bottle with a nipple on easier to get water down , i drink a lot more that way xxx

oh , Charis im so sorry to hear your not feeling good , sending you a big hug , i find drinking out of a bottle with a nipple on easier to get water down , i drink a lot more that way xxx

Thanks Bobo

I normally don't have any bother drinking water. I love the stuff and carry a sports bottle with me everywhere constantly glugging.

It's just post-op. It'll get better.

i also dumped on petit filous, i also didnt realise there was so much sugar in it

Dawny, can you dump on something one day and not the next? (or vice versa) I was fine with the raspberry one yesterday, but the stawberry one today!

I'm pretty sure that was dumping, if mild. I felt so dizzy, like I was gona pass out. Not for long though!

My body just said , "No Thanks!" and out it came!

Big hug on its way... !:hug99:
What you're experiencing isn't unusual. We all struggled drinking enough immediately post op (and to be truthful, still do !:rolleyes:) I had a lot of chicken Bovril in the early stages. Baxters beef consomme is delish and there's lots of nice Covent Garden soups. It's normal to put weight on in hospital, but that, and the swelling disappears in a couple of weeks.
Take it easy and let your body heal... xx

Your sensitivity can definately change. I have Asdas own little fromage frai and have never struggled on them, I can even eat two something, which suprises me as Im quite sugar sensitive. I have had tummy bug for 9 days now and so havent eaten an awful lot and decided to have a little pot of the fromage frai today and...dump city!!! I didnt understand what had caused it and then hubby pointed out that my sensitivity will have changed.
My heart was pounding away in my chest, I went really hot and dizzy and sort of zoned out, I had that feeling in my tummy as though I had eaten wayyyyyy too much and this time I even had to lie down and had a sleep for about forty minutes...I woke up really confused and carried on feeling fuzzy for about twenty minutes, Im ok now though, just tired. So sensitivity can definately change from day to day.
Steph xx

Sorry I can't give u any advice 'cos as u know I'm pre-op, but my thoughts are with u & I'm sorry u're having a bad time.

Take care
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Your sensitivity can definately change. I have Asdas own little fromage frai and have never struggled on them, I can even eat two something, which suprises me as Im quite sugar sensitive. I have had tummy bug for 9 days now and so havent eaten an awful lot and decided to have a little pot of the fromage frai today and...dump city!!! I didnt understand what had caused it and then hubby pointed out that my sensitivity will have changed.
My heart was pounding away in my chest, I went really hot and dizzy and sort of zoned out, I had that feeling in my tummy as though I had eaten wayyyyyy too much and this time I even had to lie down and had a sleep for about forty minutes...I woke up really confused and carried on feeling fuzzy for about twenty minutes, Im ok now though, just tired. So sensitivity can definately change from day to day.
Steph xx

Stephie
thanks as always. So it looks like I'm a dumper! (not the truck LOL!:rolleyes:)

It was very mild but sounds a lot like you describe. But it looks like I get bowel symptoms too! I also wanted to just basically go lie down.

I've thrown everyone out for a bit to get some peace (they went to a BBQ: hubby didn't want to leave me, but I was just craving some quiet!) and just watched some tv for a while to relax. Oh Joy!

In a way I'm glad. I was afraid I wouldn't dump and that would lead me into bad habits. Now I know I do I'm going to REALLY watch out for the sugar content in things. Who would've thought they put so much sugar into those tiny pots!
They recommend that stuff for weaning babies! It's EVIL! :eek::eek::eek:

Big hug on its way... !:hug99:
What you're experiencing isn't unusual. We all struggled drinking enough immediately post op (and to be truthful, still do !:rolleyes:) I had a lot of chicken Bovril in the early stages. Baxters beef consomme is delish and there's lots of nice Covent Garden soups. It's normal to put weight on in hospital, but that, and the swelling disappears in a couple of weeks.
Take it easy and let your body heal... xx

Thanks Rose.

I like Bovril and consomme so that's definitely something to try. :)
I went out for coffee with my best pal today and though it was lovely, I think I've overdone it a bit. I'm going to try to take it a bit easier for the next few days.

oh Charis you poor thing !! I really felt the same as you in my first few weeks and I am sending you big hugs and a a sympathetic ear !! I remember worrying about the fluid and food and then my husband fussing as well making it worse, but this doesn't last and you will start to feel the benefits really soon. I am thinking of you XX

Hi Charis, Sorry you are feeling poorly - the only way is up (or should I say down????) Hang in there everyday will be better

Linski xxxx

Back