• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling pants!

up to now charis thats the only time ive dumped, and i didnt try to eat another petit filous to find out, i gave them all to my daughter for my grandson to eat. i dont fancy having that experience again, so im really careful now and check everything, mind you like others have said, sensitivities can change, up to now ive been lucky. hope you feel a lot better soon huni, hugs dawny x

oh Charis you poor thing !! I really felt the same as you in my first few weeks and I am sending you big hugs and a a sympathetic ear !! I remember worrying about the fluid and food and then my husband fussing as well making it worse, but this doesn't last and you will start to feel the benefits really soon. I am thinking of you XX

Thanks Sally. That's really encouraging. xxx

hia i had my op in sunderland, robingson no cal juice is good thats wot dietian recomended, also have you tried mash with cheese sauce on and pureed carrot, i put chesse sauce on everything or gravy, when i had op we went sraight onto sloppys so morning i had half mashed weekabix and milk, couple of laughting cow triangles for dinner and like i said earlier mash with veg, and a little cut up meat, or grated cheese so i cud get protien in hope his helps, you will find 1 day you can ea one this and the next you carnt is very strange. wendy xx

Even 2 years out my pouch sometimes throws a wobbly, today it feels mega-sensitive and after a mild dump yesterday evening (on something I've had before no problems), I'm taking it easy today and sticking to proteins and savoury foods.

Looking at my tummy I am still extremely swollen. If this is the outside, I can imagine the inside is just the same. So I'm going to follow phatmomma's advice and stick to fluids for a few days to give my poor little pouch a rest. After all, she had TWICE the messing around most people's do! :wave_cry:

I think I'm going to call her Polly!:) (Polly pouch!) and give er some tlc. Spending the day in my pj's.....:snoopyhouse: and being gentle wth me!

(not something I'm given to...I'm itching to get back to 'work')

but I'm going to try nice soothing Bovril, comsomme, soups and not much else for a couple of days....except for talking books, movies, my ipod...and you lovely lot!:)

I was ponderin on other nice drinks....I know I thought..Horlicks! I LOVE Horlicks!

but then began to ponder on the sugar content........ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH...................

DON'T TOUCH THE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!! it's evil....17+ g per cup of sugar (made with water mind you!)....that's the 'LIGHT' version!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Oh my word, no wonder I got fat!!!!!!!!!! How on earth can we avoid it with so many 'hidden' nasties out there? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hey there pouch twin...mine is called Polly too lol I found it very helpful to treat her as an independant entity to start with, that way I learnt to listen to her and learn from her and she has always been so noisy that you could have a chat with her lol
A few people gave theirs identities that made them into something they were rebelling against, which I didnt see as helpful, we have to work with our pouches to get the most from them.
I personally hope that I NEVER lose touch with my new little friend, sounds silly but I dont ever want to forget that part of me, so Polly stays firmly next to my heart (physiologically too! lol).
Horlicks...yep, gutted me too!!
I have Options hot chocolate sometimes and have from the start, I have the Mint Madness one and I have never dumped on it. Its probably not VERY low in sugar but for some reason my sensitive dumping isnt set off by it.
optionsmintmadness.jpg

Steph xx

Hi twinny!
I'm drinking a white chocolate options as we speak, made with lactose free milk and only half the sachet....

well, I have become a 'lady' again and am now drinking from a very pretty cup and saucer! So far so good with the Options! (I always did love the 'chink' sound of the cup on the saucer!)
My 17+ year old son asked me yesterday what a saucer is for!!!!!!!!! How times have changed!

And yes, Polly has to be my friend now. I need to listen to her and treat her with the love and respect she deserves..after all, she's going to help me become the 'new' me!

Shel, thanks for that. I was wondering how long we can dump for. I guess you've just answered my question!

Ooohhh get you lady! Hehe
Oh youre so lucky with your white chocolate drink, I tried one and dumped! Though I had the full sachet, maybe if I tried half...hhhmmm.
Steph xx

Ooohhh get you lady! Hehe
Oh youre so lucky with your white chocolate drink, I tried one and dumped! Though I had the full sachet, maybe if I tried half...hhhmmm.
Steph xx

Steph I've only tried half a sachet of that and the chocolate orange one (which is def my fave) of them so far as I can't drink more than a tea cup full, and that's over half an hour's worth of sipping!

Like steph says its a devil to get to know what to have. The early days are really testing but you need to be really good to yourself. liquids and take it very easy ...your PJ day is just the ticket. Every day you get better, learn something new about your pouch and suddenly it all seems much better. Mind you as Shel says even way down the line along comes a tough day and you just have to go back to basics until it passes.

Take care

M

Like steph says its a devil to get to know what to have. The early days are really testing but you need to be really good to yourself. liquids and take it very easy ...your PJ day is just the ticket. Every day you get better, learn something new about your pouch and suddenly it all seems much better. Mind you as Shel says even way down the line along comes a tough day and you just have to go back to basics until it passes.

Take care

M

Thank you CCPM
I've so far today had: 1/3 mushy weetabix, 2/3 tin of Baxter's consomme (yumm-Y), cup of Options made with lactose -free milk, cup of warm NAS squash, and a cup of Bovril. Which is MASSES better than any day so far, so I'm really pleased!

Looks like poor little Polly really needed a rest!

Back