• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling sad

Mezzy

Hi everyone.

I've just joined this forum as I feel I now need support from all of you who may or may not have been through this.

I had my surgery on 10th March 2016 and all has gone really well - no real problems apart from quite burpy. However, my weight loss has suddenly plateau'd. Last week (week 5 post surgery) I only lost 2 pounds and this week it has only been 1 lb loss. I am due to see the dietician and consultant tomorrow for my 6 week check up. I am scared what the dietician will say - she is a bit of a Rottweiler :( I have kept to the diet guidance more or less - nothing naughty. If anything I haven't eaten as much as is recommended.

Has anyone else experienced this? I expected a quicker weight loss to be honest. :cry:

los in it

Please, please dont put too much pressure on yourself, your only a matter of weeks post wls and your body is still coming to terms with everything weight lose is different for everyone and a good team would know that toughie or not !

countrywench

I agree with Los
Your body has been through some major trauma and has probably gone into shock, store and self preserve mode . If you are feeling good in yourself then I wouldn't worry . It's only been 5 weeks ..

Are you hungry ? Or never hungry ?
If your never hungry then maybe you need to make sure you eat regular protein to boost your metabolism .
If you are hungry then the same proteins will fill you up ..
Give yourself time firstly . It will all settle down and then you will be back on here cheering about the weight you've lost :)

Monalisa

I think the weight you have lost so far is fab and it's quite normal after initial loss to slow down 1 or 2 pounds a week is still good x

Mezzy

Thank you for the support. It is just a bit frustrating after such a good start. I am seeing the dietician and consultant today - hoping not to get a telling off!

Mezzy

I agree with Los
Your body has been through some major trauma and has probably gone into shock, store and self preserve mode . If you are feeling good in yourself then I wouldn't worry . It's only been 5 weeks ..

Are you hungry ? Or never hungry ?
If your never hungry then maybe you need to make sure you eat regular protein to boost your metabolism .
If you are hungry then the same proteins will fill you up ..
Give yourself time firstly . It will all settle down and then you will be back on here cheering about the weight you've lost :)
Thanks for the advice. I rarely feel hungry so maybe I'm not eating enough protein. I'll give it a go.

FeeBee

Thank you for the support. It is just a bit frustrating after such a good start. I am seeing the dietician and consultant today - hoping not to get a telling off!

I hope they were supportive and encouraging. It looks like you're doing really well and from what I understand slowing down or even stopping now and then in normal. I hope the Rottweiler was more of a upset cat ;)

countrywench

How did you get on today Mezzy ?

Neticak

Hey Mezzy, I was feeling just like you about 2 weeks ago! I found that by increasing my activity levels and not just concentrating on what I was eating made the world of difference.

Was the dietician helpful? x