• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im so excited

Raynebubble

Now you have opened this link your gonna think have lost the plot....
This time next week i will be off the pureed and i will be at week 5 so as per my guidelines i can start on soft foods..... and you know what im so looking forward to having.....

MASH, CHEESE & BAKED BEANS...... oh i cant wait..... hope im ok with it!!! lol

sorry just had to share my excitement.... im not even feeling like his about Christmas!! xx

Last edited:
hahaha great so see you well and looking forward to food :) xxx

I understand your excitement Rayne, I just went through that phase a few weeks ago. Can I just advise you to make sure the mash has a lot of gravy with it otherwise it will stick and it's a very unpleasant feeling, watch out with the beans as well. Happy eating.

I understand your excitement Rayne, I just went through that phase a few weeks ago. Can I just advise you to make sure the mash has a lot of gravy with it otherwise it will stick and it's a very unpleasant feeling, watch out with the beans as well. Happy eating.

ooh now you have confused me.... wont the baked bean juice make the mash soft? x

I still get excited at the thought of mash and beans as they're my 'easy' foods. I used Auntie Bessies mash at your stage as they are 19 cals per pattie and only take a minute in the microwave. You won't manage a whole one at first though!
I'm avoiding mash now though as I'm trying to keep my carbs low till Christmas day. Beans are high in carb too but have goodly amounts of protein in.
You'll enjoy I'm sure
xx

oh thats a good tip getting aunt bessies... i may get some from iceland.. that may be easier than pealing one silly potato as ive been doing lol... i will use half and have the other half next day with my lunch.
Its a nightmare cooking little bits when its just yourself to cook for... i cook for my daughter but she is 12 and like other stuff lol x

That first mouthful of cheesy mash is better than sex!!!! :eek: :D

haha... my pureed food is better than sex at the minute... been single for 5 years!! omg too much info.... i think i need a man!! lol

Last edited:
Haha same here!! When I said 'better than' I obviously meant 'instead of' :D Never mind, this time next year we will be able to have our pick of the blokes - they wont be able to resist us!!

ooh i hope so... just gonna have to tackle the flabby skin... but my friend pointed out today if a guy likes you that much they wont be woried about or flabby skin.... and i dont want to have surgery to get rid of flabby skin..ive had it the operations now lol x

Bridget Jones knickers can hide a multitude of sins!!! :eek:

yes and changing my name to Bridget will help too lmao xx

Ooo what are you all like :innocent0002:

You are right though, I've just had my first puree meal of mash and fish with cheese sauce and I'm tired out now - must have been the excitement ;) Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! Syl x

Ooo what are you all like :innocent0002:

You are right though, I've just had my first puree meal of mash and fish with cheese sauce and I'm tired out now - must have been the excitement ;) Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! Syl x

ooh how did you make the cheese sauce... silly question i know.... when is your op hun? x

Hi Rayne
I cheated with the cheese sauce .. it was a Bisto granules one. Not the best taste but it seems a bit of a chore to make a cheese sauce just for one. It did the job.
I had my bypass and gall bladder-ectomy on 28th November. Had a bit of a blip afterwards and needed 2nd op on 5th December to put things right but all OK now and just started on puree yesterday.
Have a lovely Christmas whatever you do and keep well.
Syl xx :553:

Hi Rayne
I cheated with the cheese sauce .. it was a Bisto granules one. Not the best taste but it seems a bit of a chore to make a cheese sauce just for one. It did the job.
I had my bypass and gall bladder-ectomy on 28th November. Had a bit of a blip afterwards and needed 2nd op on 5th December to put things right but all OK now and just started on puree yesterday.
Have a lovely Christmas whatever you do and keep well.
Syl xx :553:

Thankyou very much hun... hope your on the mend now... me and you on the pureed tmro!! lol oh well its got to be done x
Thankyou for the Bisto tip i wouldnt of thought of that... but may go out and get some. Have a lovely Christmas xx

ooh now you have confused me.... wont the baked bean juice make the mash soft? x
The bean juice might not give you a wet enough consistency, don't forget the beans are quite dry once you get chewing them. You just don't want it to get stuck because that is very uncomfortable - I've had it.

The bean juice might not give you a wet enough consistency, don't forget the beans are quite dry once you get chewing them. You just don't want it to get stuck because that is very uncomfortable - I've had it.

Ok thankyou, i will only use a couple of beans and more sauce xx

Rayne don't skimp on the beans because they've got protein and it all helps towards the 80 grams per day :)

Back