• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feelings when theatre time comes....

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Have a feeling a panic attack may occur lol. I cried when I was taken down to have my big abscess sorted under general last year lol

So, please share your feelings with me peeps when it was time to go for surgery. And if you had be scared, nervous, excited, anxious etc during your pre op.

I went hyper lol with the adrenaline :) kept the nurses entertained :)

JO28172 said:
I went hyper lol with the adrenaline :) kept the nurses entertained :)

Lol!!! That's the other way I may go lol. I talk absolute nonsense when petrified lol (I know, you are all thinking that must be every time I log into the forum then lol)

Bring on random lady in a fat theatre gown lol

I have to say it was very emotional for me... I had tears in my eyes in the lift but kept it under control.... But when I lay on the bed waiting for everything to start working I had some tears! It's such a massive step but all the people in the theatre were so good, one nurse was dabbing my tears and another holding my hand. It's all good... Nearly three months on I have no regrets whatsoever!! Good luck on your journey x x

Clairey1975 said:
I have to say it was very emotional for me... I had tears in my eyes in the lift but kept it under control.... But when I lay on the bed waiting for everything to start working I had some tears! It's such a massive step but all the people in the theatre were so good, one nurse was dabbing my tears and another holding my hand. It's all good... Nearly three months on I have no regrets whatsoever!! Good luck on your journey x x

Aaww sounds like they were nice to you in your hard time x

Does everyone walk down to theatre? Or some on a bed? X

I thought I would have a panic attack too as I have a mortal fear of anything covering my face :eek: BUT after being honest with my anaesthetist, he put me at ease so much & promised an injection in my hand that would put me out before they put the mask on, & he was true to his word. I can honestly say that after a lifetime of being a scaredy cat about this problem, I now have no fears of any future ops I may (hopefully not) need. The medical staff are so good, Sophie ... just tell them what happened last time & I am sure they will do everything in their power to help avoid a repeat of your last experience ... Good luck, sweetheart :) xxx

aaww huni i hope your ok, im petrified, im ages away yet but i already get emotional haha last time i had an op when i was 16 i woke up in tears crying for my mum.... i hope i dont this time :S eeekkk xxxxxx

I cried like a baby all the way up to the operating theatre in the lift, demanded they put 'anti-hurty' cream on the back of my hand before they inserted the cannula, and my legs completely turned to jelly, but also managed to find time to say some outrageously flirty things to the anaesthetist in my utter panic! I behaved very oddly! Still worth it though!! xx

I agree all the staff are completely understanding and they asked about any previous experiences... I had mine done at Guildford and they like you to walk to theatre if you're able. Exciting times for you, new beginnings!! Xx

I was so happy to finally be there I would have put myself out if they'd showed me how to! I was finally at the entrance to my new life and it was scary but way more exciting!

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was anxious but theatre staff were lovely (all men) and chatted to me, even paying me compliments on my eyes and teeth lol, one just held my hand until I went under, they were fab x

I'm 15 months post op,and I still get emotional now thinking of my morning that has changed my life!
I said my goodbyes to my two young babies and cried as I left the house.
The car journey I was feeling sick,nervous and my partner tried his best to comfort me.
Once I got into the hospital and sat in the wait room,the nurses wouldn't allow my partner to stay so he said goodbye to me,well that was it!!! I was hysterical!
After 5 mins and being left alone to undress,get weighed and put my big plastic knickers on..I calmed down.
And managed to have a laugh with the nurse.
I had to walk to theatre and then was asked to climb onto a theatre bed ready.
I was wheeled into the theatre... And then you guessed it...I was crying my eyes out!!
Thoughts of...what am I doing...what if I don't wake up...what if I don't ever see my babies...and so on.
The nurses was so kind,the surgeon said...ill give you something for your nerves...and that was the last words I heard...
And here I am still alive!!!
Still here to play new games with my children...and 4lbs of 9 stone loss!

I'll never forget that morning,it changed my life forever x
Good luck xxxx

Thank you do much everyone who has shared so far. I am feeling much better as it shows they will not think I am just a big fat baby :)

I cried when the anaesthetist came to speak to me last time lol. And putting those socks on lol

I hope I can muster up some surge of excitement that overrides the dread I fear will overcome me lol

I am very excited. But the thought of being out for 3 hours or more is almost more than I can cope with! Lol!!!!!

I was wheeled, not sure why wouldve preferred the walk! Like others I managed to hold it together until walked into theatre and cried like a little girl!! Everyone was wonderful and i got over it very quickly! I think emotional because it's something you've waited ages for becomes real, combined with fear and excitement!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Wow! That sounds just how I see my day going!

I don't won't my kids to know until it's over. My 3 year old is too young to understand and my 9 year old has aspergers syndrome and worries weekly about me dying as it is.

Will be so hard saying good bye to them while I fear what is to come :(

I hate the feeling of going under so asked to be put out quickly !! few mins on the table and i was straight out, did manage to say " don't want to do this" to late i was gone :lol:

I was wheeled down to theatre on my bed and I sobbed my heart out all the way, the staff were fab tho and tried there best to reasure me I would be ok telling me stats etc and how these ops are so common its highly unlikely anything would go wrong then asking bout my family think to change the subject but it did help a little.

I remember waking up in recovery after and the first thing I said was 'I'm alive!' ha the man who was behind me laughed and said of course your alive everything went well, This was such a great feeling best feeling ever x

wow...reading all the stories made my belly flip!! how exciting, i wonder if i will ever get to that point...sophie, honesty is the best policy...they are pro's and will help you every which way they can xxxx

MissyMustDoIt said:
wow...reading all the stories made my belly flip!! how exciting, i wonder if i will ever get to that point...sophie, honesty is the best policy...they are pro's and will help you every which way they can xxxx

My stomach has been the same :) I have loved these stories. Amusing, heartwarming, everything! Thank you do much people :) I have had tears and giggled while reading.

I will be honest I tell them I feel sick like never before lol

Back