• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fell like I am 'stuck' and getting no where.....

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Here I am again.... I just can't explain how I am feeling this week?? I feel like I am 'stuck', not a clue what to eat.. Well I have but I just don't want to... I can't get my head round the 3 meal thing, sometimes I just don't want anything. What happened to them saying eat 'little and often'???

Luckily I have not got no junk in, or else I prob start at it.:( Since op I have tried to get my Husband and Daughter on the health kick so not buying as much!!!

I also feel like I have no 'restriction' and after I have finished my small meal, think that I should be feeling uncomfortable. I can eat most things without consequences, I just feel so 'lost'..:sigh::sigh:. Seems my life revolves more around food now than it did pre op!!!:mad:

I felt the same till i started eating properly, meat, eggs and bread will def 100% bloat you out. Its really not a nice feeling and i go from feeling fine to feeling like i had eaten a lead ballon. Be patient and you will progress.

Once you start on proper solids,believe me you will feel restriction.
I wonder this same thing when i was on soft/purée stage.

emma-louise said:
Once you start on proper solids,believe me you will feel restriction.
I wonder this same thing when i was on soft/purée stage.

I am on proper foods now. This it's my seventh week. I have no problems with meat, bread or eggs. I have no problem with anything! Just potatoes fill me up but I don't eat them a lot because of the carbs.

How much food are you actually eating. Can you eat a whole chicken breast with ease.

No, can I heck. More like a quarter of one if that. But, I will have this with 2 tbsp of veg and 1 of potato, which, like I said, I always tend to leave. x

I felt the same till i started eating properly, meat, eggs and bread will def 100% bloat you out. Its really not a nice feeling and i go from feeling fine to feeling like i had eaten a lead ballon. Be patient and you will progress.

I'll second that - 1 minute you'll feel like you can eat a horse.... 1 piece of bread/toast later and you feel like you have eaten a horse!

I'm lucky as I work from home so can eat when I choose) find eating 4 meals a day of 200 calories works fine if I choose the right meals. Anything wet will pass right through and any thing fibrous or solid non wet, like boiled eggs, lightly cooked veg, and so on seem to stay in my stomach until the next meal is due.

I think the no drink with or after meals is important as drinking just seems to wash everything away

i feeling the same hun i was gonna ask my doc to cheak and see if my pouch is too big some times im so full then sometimes i can eat alot im also stuck with things to be eatting im always thinking of food and i wasnt like that before im weighing myself twice a day too its doing my head in but i cant stop !!!!

No, can I heck. More like a quarter of one if that. But, I will have this with 2 tbsp of veg and 1 of potato, which, like I said, I always tend to leave. x

It sounds to me that you are eating the right amount. I have gone back to eating what i want but in smaller amounts, instead of having 2 pizzas i have 1 slice, instead of a big bit of steak and chips, i have a tiny amount and about 6 chips done in the actifry. The way i am looking at it now is i cant physically eat a shed load of food, so i might as well eat what i want to a certain degree to stop me guzzling bars of chocloate as they slide down easy. Think about what foods you used to eat and just try and make them healthier and reduce the portion size. Yes we have had surgery to help us loose weight but you dont have to live on salad and fruit.

Hi Sarah I also feel the same I'm feeling I eat too much and because I'm not sick etc I wonder where my restriction is. I'm obsessed with thinking about food and if I'm doing the right thing. I am 5wks post op, today I have had:-
B - 3/4 oat so simple
L - inside of small jacket potato, 2tbs baked beans, 1tbs cheese
D - 3/4 cod in a bag, 1tbs carrot & swede mash 1tbs mashed potato
S - 1 wafer thin slice ham, 2 skinny lattes
Can someone tell me if they think this is too much, I have lost 34lb since my op. Many thanks in advance:confused:

Sarah you are doing fine !! stop being so hard on yourself !!! The op has given you a tool to help you BUT more important it has given you your life back and you need to relax now and stop stressing out ((hug)) your weightloss is great, ne week with no loss is normal and we see almost everyone posting this has happened to them mine was week two but we have not gained so be happy.
Listen to your pouch it knows best !! I found soups and sloppys left me soo hungry so moved onto drier foods and Tuna left me soooo full after 2 tblsp!!! i dont touch much carbs and stick to the protein first rule and it works.
So deep breath hun and relax and stop stressing this is not a race xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are doing great. It is so hard not to compare with eachother on here but your weightloss is just where is should be so you are obviously doing something right!
can u plan meals in advance? put them in tubs so they are just there when u need them? that way you are not thinking four times a day what to eat but u can just go to the fridge and grab a bowl and eat therefore stressing you less thinking about food all the time. hope you feel better soon xxx

Back