• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Femfrankies' Big Steps & Little Uns

Thanks lilac :) I had a great day. A little sad though that I accomplished so much yesterday with my granddaughter that I just couldn't do with my own children.

You can't turn back the clock hun, so don't be in too much regret. This opportunity was not available back then but you have been sorted now when the procedure IS available. Now is your time Frankie, and you have the greatest gift to focus on - Sophie!

How I wish I'd been bypassed 30 years ago - my life would have been so different. But the procedure was not readily available then so ... I never for one moment lose sight of how lucky I am to have been able to do it now. I give thanks for my life all the time - and take nothing for granted, good and bad. Life takes us where we are meant to go and be - being a fat girl for 50 years has certainly made me a better person, and that will benefit my relationships with new people I will meet in this new life I have been given (and hopefully those with existing friends who have been on this journey with me, these past 12 months).

You are awesome and can do anything Frankie! xxxxx

Thanks lilac what you are saying is perfectly correct of course and yes I'm cramming so much into my life as a granny now and loving it. I wake up every morning thanking my lucky stars that I had so many people pushing me forward for my surgery. Then I pinch myself just to make sure that I haven't been dreaming the whole thing. 2012/13 was definitely a good year for me ... A granddaughter and funding for a bypass .. Somebody definitely was/is looking down on me and without being too cheesy I feel truly blessed xx

Exactly!

As the NHS 'rejected' me, I scarily contemplated bypass versus (modest) new car ... I chose bypass. The old banger is still going, but I may not have been without my surgery. And if the jallopy gives up on me, I have more energy and ability now to get on my trotters ...

At the dentist last night getting my tooth refilled and I asked him to check my tooth splint that I wear at night because I'm a big teeth grinder :eek:. I have hardly worn it this year because I feel it's too big now.. But surely the mouth doesn't loose weight? Does it?
Well dentist confirmed it yes it's too big and too loose wow who would have believed it.
That'll be another £80 thank you ... And that's on the NHS ..Damn

eek!
Does that mean our brains are lighter too?

Yve sometimes I do wonder...I've had so many "blonde" moments lately ...like trying to pay a bill with my tesco card or answering the phone via the remote control... I need my vit b12 jab now lol

After years of me moaning about my tree trunks for legs my hubby has just made my day. Whilst parading in front of him in my new trainers he commented ohh btw you've got a gap now :D. I'm swell stocked hehe

Remember all that leg rubbing sweaty chaffing of the past :(

Well done to you thats amazing

Remember all that leg rubbing sweaty chaffing of the past :(

Well done to you thats amazing

OMG yes ...& no more wearing the inner trouser leg fabric till it's tissue thin either.

I did the same lilac but when in warmer climes it wore off pretty quickly so knee length shorts were my main holiday wear.... This year it's mostly skirts and dresses :)

Oh god yes Yve the "cut you in two tights" that eventually rolled in protest. I gave up on them even on my daughters wedding I wore fake tan instead. :(

Back