• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Never ending constipation......Need help please

pauladerm

Hi guys,
I was banded on the 10th of june 2013 and ever since I have I been constipating. Even before having the band i did normally constipate however, since having the band I haven't been to the toilet as I have taken some senakot, lactolous, fruits and enough water yet no remedy.
I do not like vegetables nor fruits but due to my predicaments I have decided to start eating a lot of fruits and plenty water. Has anybody been in this situation and what was your solution. I have had some advise from Nina, with the food type since I am still on mushy diet.
Please guys I need your help.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering. It may well be worth speaking to your GP and asking for something on prescription if the other things aren't helping you.

Prune juice can often help (don't need to eat them if you dont like prunes) the only times I've suffered I've taken dulcoease and its worked great (green and silver box) also I find that if I have a lot of dairy (yoghurts particularly) that this can help too . . .

I think you need to talk to your GP, at least get something to help until you are on solid food and can adjust your diet to help? it's grim being constipated bless you x

Thanks guys, I am feeling much better after eating so much prunes and drinking prune juice. I also took some laxative which has helped me greatly.

Hiya hun, I had the same problem, The doctor gave me Dioctyl. They really good. well they made me go lol. I no you can buy them in morrisons if that will help x

Glad things have moved on from your original post!! lol

Back