• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a few (maybe stupid Q's)

BandyEmm

Just wondering these few things:

1) why do banders have to have a slop diet for first few weeks from op if they have only a band around the top of stomach? :confused:

2) why do people think that a wls op is the easy way out? :mad:

3) why is the belly always the last bit to show reduction of weight lol :rolleyes:

4)why cant the hosp supply a post op bra :D cos i have some high up cuts what are on bra line :eek:

Thats all folks :D:D

1) why do banders have to have a slop diet for first few weeks from op if they have only a band around the top of stomach? :confused: We have a slop diet to allow for any swelling to subside before moving on to more solid food. We have still had our stomachs tampered with even if its just a band placed round it.

2) why do people think that a wls op is the easy way out? :mad: Basically because they dont understand what its like to be on the diet /gain constant battle.

3) why is the belly always the last bit to show reduction of weight lol :rolleyes: If your like me thats where I carried most of my weight, therefore although its going down gradually it will take the longest.

4)why cant the hosp supply a post op bra :D cos i have some high up cuts what are on bra line :eek: You will be fine in a few weeks to wear your normal bra but for now have you got a non wired one?

Hope this helps!

Hiya Emm:wavey:

1) why do banders have to have a slop diet for first few weeks from op if they have only a band around the top of stomach? :confused:

2) why do people think that a wls op is the easy way out? :mad:

3) why is the belly always the last bit to show reduction of weight lol :rolleyes:

4)why cant the hosp supply a post op bra :D cos i have some high up cuts what are on bra line :eek:

Mazza has answered number 1 better than I could so I am not going to answer that one, and I am a bypasser anyway!
I wish people didn't think that surgery was the easy way out - if they really knew and understood that we are only doing this as a last resort after trying every other option out there and trying every diet under the sun and failing miserably. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me and it has totally changed my life, and if I am honest I think the people who have had the negative attitudes towards me are jelous. (sorry that turned into a bit of a rant :rolleyes:)
Hehe I know what you mean - I have lost a lot of weight off my bottom half of me but am bigger ontop - it is never even is it?! :d'oh:
:party0011: Xxx em xxX
:party0011:

Back