• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fibre?

georgiad

Hi all,

I got banded on Tuesday and am still getting my head around...everything!

I've mostly been eating very watery porridge and yogurts but am a bit concerned as I haven't done a... #2... since Monday.

What would you suggest I could have to spur things along? Dr suggested Complan which I bought but later noticed there's almost no fibre in!

What was useful for you?

Hi hun i'm 7 weeks post op today banded the same as you..... just to say now I'm eating solids now #2 have now gone back to normal.....in fact better than normal am regular every day now lol

For the first few weeks it was a tad worrying and was going only once a week and it was hard going (excuse the pun lol) my team recommended liquid senakot which i got in boots large bottle. Every time i felt i needed to empty out i would take 4 spoons before bedtime and it worked a treat. My advise catch it soon before it becomes too impacted and painful and before you need something stronger :) also it gets better when your fluids start to increase.
Im sure there will be loads of other banders along with advise too x x x gl

If you were only banded on tuesday, aren't you supposed to be on liquids only? porridge even watery would be a mush/puree stage food - or is it ok under your guidelines?

Its normal tho not to be going to the loo, normally at this point people are on liquids only so its much less, but constipation is also common so you can always take something for it :)

Hospital was happy for me to be on full liquids from the get go - watery porridge, soups and yogurts all fine.

I was banded 5 weeks ago and like you I was straight on to soups porridge etc I went nearly a week before I first went #2 but all has now returned to normal just bare with and don't worry to much you'll go when your ready

Back