• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fighting the battle

traceystevo

i had my band in april this year up to date ive lost a stone and half but since june ive not lost an anything, i had a fill two weeks ago and still not lost anything im so frustrated 5grand is alot to pay for nothing to happen what am i doing wrong:cry::cry:

firstly, what are you eating? So much of losing weight with a band comes down to what you are eating and how. Do you keep a diary and log your food? Because this can really help.

Are you eating band friendly foods to work with your band or do you find that you're hungry and could potentially be eating more than you think? Have you tried things such as kick starting losses by limiting carbs? Increasing protein?

A good balance to try is eating max 70g carbs but min 70g of protein, this often shocks the body into losing.

Also, what are you doing exercise wise? And where are you restriction wise?

Maybe you actually need a further fill to help you? I've only just found restriction 13 months post op with my band and it's been darn hard work, but speak to your provider, egg help from the dietician but really look on how you are working with the tool you have :)

I can't really add much to what Top Kat has said. In one of your other posts I saw you had your op at Dolan Park. I'm also with THG, and I've set up my monthly band assessments/fills so they happen on a day there is a dietician on site - I've found face to face meetings far more useful than the phone calls.
Keeping a food diary is a really good idea - it's really useful for the conversations with the dietician.

If you can give an idea of what you're eating there are loads of really helpful people on here who will give advice.

thanks i eat toast scrambled eggs or cereal for breakfast
jacket spud tuna salad or sandwich thin sandwhich as i cant eat normal bread now, and for tea i eat whatever i cook for my husband but a much smaller portion mainly chicken meals, i had my opp in april ive lost 17lb only had 4 fills but not lost a thing since june, im due a fill on 4th nov

Back