• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill Done - now what???

LapBandBeck

This evening I had my first fill - 4 mls in a 10 ml band!
How do I know if its good/bad or what?
When should I have second fill?
The surgeon I saw was obviously in a hurry so just muttered about liquid soft then normal food and to let them know.......let them know what?? Am I now in the driving seat??

Help please o wise ones
Thank God you are all here to turn to otherwise I would be lost

Hello

You wont normaly be able to get another fill until a month after your last (of course there will be exceptions!).

You will know if its made any difference when you return to normal food. For instance if you are eating less and feeling full, it has. This feeling (if you get it) will lessen with time as you lose more weight, you will start to eat more = time for another fill.

Dont be in a rush to get another but equaly dont hold up your losses by waiting to long. Confusing eh? but it will all become clearer xx

My provider will do a further fill 2 weeks on from a previous one as they say it takes that time for you to really know if you do need another or not. After my first fill my hunger levels went through the roof and with absolutely not restriction I could eat what and however much I wanted.

I actually had a 2nd fill 2 weeks later and that was approaching 5 weeks ago. We go on to liquid food for 3 days post fill, then mash for 3 days then back to normal food, and its on that normal food that you will really notice the difference. I still don't have restriction from my band, but you're very much in the driving seat moving forward.

I am noticing now that my hunger levels are increasing and that I find that I could eat more (although I dont because I really restrict what and how much I eat) but am thinking of booking a fill for early December but then the past 2 days I've not felt as hungry, haven't even been able to get to my 1000 cals so its hard to really know when you get to that point.

With my provider they advise that if Im losing 1-2lb a week, feeling full etc after meals that things are ok and to hold off from having a fill, but generally Im not feeling full, just restricting my own intake rather than being restricted from the band.

Don't be afraid to get in touch with your provider, find out what there minimum requirements are for the fill :)

Back