• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Final count down until tummy tuck !!!

Nikkik24

So it's no less than 2 weeks until my tummy tuck, I'm having my surgery at the Golden Jubilee in Glasgow on the 25th February.

My pre op is the day before on the 24th and then I've to be at the ward at 07:30am on the 25th I'm not sure what'll happen at the pre op but they have advised it'll take 2 hours ?

I was at the health centre today to arrange sick line but the have advised that I will need to self cert for the first week and they will start the line from the 2nd I was kind of hoping the would just let me give me 1 the day before my op to save hassle :(

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now which I didn't think I would and feel like things are constantly on my mind and imagining constantly what it's going to be like etc anyway I thought I would just post an update and add some before pics.

Thanks for reading :) xxx

Attachments

• image-960087834.jpg
    image-960087834.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 230
  • image-630145612.jpg
    image-630145612.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 316
Hi Nikki!
Not long to go now. You can look up Mr Addison on the Be You website for the Edinburgh Plastic Surgeons. I found the weirdest thing of the whole process is when they come to mark you up before the surgery and he starts drawing in you with a sharpie pen!!!

Crackers xx

Hi crackers yeah I'm getting really excited now although quite nervous about the pre op because the last time I was at the dr I had slightly high blood pressure and I don't want that to stop them doing the op. I've had a little look at his details on the spire site he look nice :) how long were you in the hospital ? Xxx

Nicola I'm in Scotland so I think it works slightly differently here I approached my GP who wrote a lovely letter off to the phycologist a few months after that I got an appointment through to see her and she weighed me then discussed my weight loss and life, at that point she sent me for medical photographs and told me she was 100% behind my request for a tummy tuck and that she would now meet with the plastic surgeons and discuss my case but ultimately it was the plastic surgeons decision and he could refuse. I then got an appointment through to see the plastic surgeon in December and he agreed to go ahead with the surgery it truly was the best Christmas present I could have ever gotten.

Where about are you ? Have you spoken to your GP xxx

I'm in Essex. They've talked about maintaining bmi of 25 for 2 years before even considering it.

Good luck with it :)

Oh wow crackers 1 night was quick I think my mum would be horrified as well in fact my mums making us all go and stay at hers when I get out for at least a week I don't know if that's a good thing or not lol.

Really Nicola 25 for 2 years is quite a high criteria, how long have you maintained for? And thank you Xxx

Good luck!!!

Can't wait for the update photos!!

I've lost 8st. With another 7st to go before a healthy BMI. Your tummy looks better than mine now!

But my excess skin is already and issue. Arms (major bingo wings. With minimal fat, just skin). Tummy is awful and upper thighs are going the same way.

Funding on NHS in London is unlikely - but I'll try once I get there. Or pay privately if I can ever save enough money xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you Helen, well done on your weight loss and just keep going you'll get there ! You'll notice a huge difference when the rest of the weight comes off, My legs are pretty bad my arms not so bad and I have absolutely no boobs hoping to try and save for them privately until then primark do great padded bras lol. Hopefully you will get the funding when the time comes ;-)

Xxx

Oh wow crackers 1 night was quick I think my mum would be horrified as well in fact my mums making us all go and stay at hers when I get out for at least a week I don't know if that's a good thing or not lol. Really Nicola 25 for 2 years is quite a high criteria, how long have you maintained for? And thank you Xxx

About 6 months I think now.

Hi all 1 week to go now :) because I've not had my pre op yet I'm not sure if I need to buy control underwear or will the hospital provide a binder ? Anybody know ?

Thanks xxx

Hi all 1 week to go now :) because I've not had my pre op yet I'm not sure if I need to buy control underwear or will the hospital provide a binder ? Anybody know ? Thanks xxx

No idea... But hope all goes well!!

I can't wait to see the pics xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck I'm having tummy tuck & uplift and implants in 7 weeks so excited eeeekkk x

Thank you all I'm so looking forward to it but slightly nervous at the same time :)

I bet you are mama Mia 7 weeks will fly by and it'll be your turn before you know it ;-)

Xxx

Back