• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Final count down until tummy tuck !!!

6 days post op - so feeling a lot more mobile now we were staying at my mums but came home yesterday and boy does it feel good to be home ;-) I'm starting to get a bit of cabin fever so I'm going to go to the shops for an hour tomorrow, pain wise I'm not to bad when I stand up from sitting down it takes a bit to adjust and the pain is like a nippy feeling. I'm still really swollen but the bruising is calming down now, I have an appointment on Friday to get the dressings off I'm so looking forward to that :)

When did everybody drive again after there tummy tuck ??

Xxx

Attachments

• image-2508850000.jpg
    image-2508850000.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 91
  • image-4275534497.jpg
    image-4275534497.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1285950713.jpg
    image-1285950713.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 153
  • image-769621513.jpg
    image-769621513.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 281
  • image-3903628614.jpg
    image-3903628614.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 141
12 days post op - had my dressing removed and redone on Friday and everything looks great they said I am healing nicely, I am really swollen just now so the photos make my belly look massive but it's just the way I was sitting on the bed ;-) over the past few day I have been feeling extremely exhausted but I have been suffering from cold symptoms so not sure if it's that, the pain is now settling a bit I am still sore not all over just at certain bits. The bruising is calming down a bit now too, I spoke to the nurse about the fluid in my belly and she says this is totally normal and will go down, I hope so it kinda feels like I've eaten to much and I'm ready to burst lol.

Xxx

Attachments

• image-606631466.jpg
    image-606631466.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2249484442.jpg
    image-2249484442.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2680409551.jpg
    image-2680409551.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image-262340866.jpg
    image-262340866.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 113
So had to take a trip to the hospital this morning as my tummy has been swelling quite a bit it's a bit like a waterbed, I couldn't sleep last night because I was so swollen and uncomfy so I phone the nurse this morning as she wonted me to let her know of any changes. She spoke with the surgeon on duty and he decided he wonted to see me as he thought I had a seroma. It turns out I did have seroma (which is a pocket of fluid that builds up in the surgery site) they drained about a litre which is such a relief I am still in the hospital at the moment as because the amount of fluid drained they wonted to do blood tests to check I'm not anaemic so I'm just waiting an hour for them coming back. Ready for this day to be over lol ;-) xxx

Wow Nikki, hope everything is going to be OK from now on. Its looking good. Take care then xx

Sorry for being late to the post and want to say congrats on getting your tummy tuck Nikkiki I do hope you get over this hiccup soon though gentle (((hugs))) Your post has given me so much hope that I will eventually get those plastics too.. Thank you x

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm feeling a bit better today just taking it easy, another dressing change on Friday so I'll update photos then.

Xxx

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm feeling a bit better today just taking it easy, another dressing change on Friday so I'll update photos then. I hope you do get your plastics frankie I'm glad I can help even just a little :) xxx

17 days post op - So I was back at the clinic on Friday getting my dressings changed the nurse is completely happy with my wound it have healed extremely well and she has discharged me and I can now have a shower woohoo. The rubbish part is the seroma I got drained on Tuesday is back so while at the clinic the Dr tried to drain it she put the needle in loads of different places and it just wouldn't work she tried for over an hour with no luck, so she sent me away home until it fills some more or it may just go away, however it's going nowhere in fact it's getting bigger and looks like I'm about 6 months pregnant so I'm going to have to make another trip back to hospital the only thing that puts me off is the Dr who tried on Friday is on call all weekend and I don't really want her firing needles into me and hoping for the best so I'm thinking of waiting until Monday and seeing the registrar plastic surgeon as when he drained it on Tuesday he got the needle spot on first time. Anyways hope your all having a great weekend :)

Xxx

23 days post op - Hi all hope your all well, so my seroma is deciding its sticking around for now although it's getting smaller I ended up having it drained on Sunday afternoon 500ml this time thankfully it's was the Dr that originally drained it he also told me if it needs done again just to call and ask for him which is what I've had to do this morning so having it drained again at 11am, it's not so bad getting it drained but when my belly is filled with fluid it just makes me feel so sick apart from that things are going ok I find myself full or energy 1 day and then extremely tired the next we go on holiday in 7 weeks and I am so looking forward to some sunshine Scotland has been far to cold lol. I forgot to take photos this week so I'll post some up later.

Xxx

Hi. It's looking amazing.
Just a question do you get sick pay at work.
Only as when I was talking about my surgery my line manager said I get sick pay for this but if it was cosmetic surgery I would have to take annual leave. Is this classed as cosmetic xx

Thank you, Yeah I'm getting sick pay because it's being done through the nhs its classed as medical, I haven't told anybody at work what I was having done I just said I was having an operation on my stomach my surgeon gave the first sick line initially for 4 weeks which he wrote as post operation and my gp has said she will only put post operation or abdominal surgery. If you have a sick line they have to legally pay you ssp (that's not much tho) but I get company sick pay and when that runs out I'll get ssp xxx

Hi. It's looking amazing. Just a question do you get sick pay at work. Only as when I was talking about my surgery my line manager said I get sick pay for this but if it was cosmetic surgery I would have to take annual leave. Is this classed as cosmetic xx

If you're medically unfit to work and have a medical certificate for that, your company cannot refuse to pay you SSP.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back