• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Final stage!!!

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Hi everyone, have been on and off here with my progress and following others on their journerys anyway today i went to St Richards at Chichester to see the dietician prior to surgery and I saw her for all of 10 minutes!!! :eek: She asked me like 3 questions all of which i've answered previously but hey ho she was the most helpful as I asked what happened now as its a nightmare getting to Chichester when you don't drive and think Southern are taking the pi** with their train fares!! She said that the next stage is definitely the pre-op assesement clinic, WOOOHOOO!!!!!! SO CLOSE!! :):D:D:D:D:D:D:bliss: NOW its just me worrying it will land right on a family event at my company (its a family business) and i have to cover the helpdesk while they all go to a wedding so fingers crossed it will be after that (15th August) and before my holiday (12th September) you never know! ALSO i've lost half a stone since i first went in April and the dietician said I will only have to do the milk pre-op diet for 7 days WOOOOOPEEEEE!!!! YES Im a bit excitable today, this is just brill i feel great and I wanted to share my good news!! xxxx thanks to all those who advised me and kept me composed :D love laura xxx :553:

Congratulations, great news! Hopefully you'll get a (convenient! lol) date through soon :)

Hi Laura - great news for you. I'm seeing the dietician and aneathatist (I will learn to spell it properly one day!) on 31 July, so it will be interesting to see what happens then. Only problem is my blood pressure is still high so that may go against me. The nurse was trying to check it yesterday and the first time couldn't find my pulse, the second time the reading was high (and my arm hurt!), then she tried a machine which showed the reading as 171/117!!! So she went back to the original check of 148/98. My poor arm, all the inflating and deflating - I thought i was gonna pass out with the pain. Of course, when the nurse tells you to relax its very difficult when all the blood is being pumped and you can see your arm turning blue!!! Will be interested to hear what happens at the pre-op assessment.

hi laura
u must have had better dietician than me then lol. was all of ten mins to but she didnt have a clue what happened next. luckily i spoke to my new best friend there viela who put my mind at rest yet again xx

Hey Mandy, to be honest I just asked a load of questions it wasn't like she offered the information but i'm a totally intrusive person sometimes and this is a much need to know situation. I've spent every other appointment knowing no more when i've left so not this time!! LOL. I hope I don't need to be going to see the aneasthatist she said that should be happening on the same day as the pre-op. Joy! I'm a bit scared but also excited, lets hope you are better informed next time its horrible leaving feeling confused! xx

Hi Laura - great news for you. I'm seeing the dietician and aneathatist (I will learn to spell it properly one day!) on 31 July, so it will be interesting to see what happens then. Only problem is my blood pressure is still high so that may go against me. The nurse was trying to check it yesterday and the first time couldn't find my pulse, the second time the reading was high (and my arm hurt!), then she tried a machine which showed the reading as 171/117!!! So she went back to the original check of 148/98. My poor arm, all the inflating and deflating - I thought i was gonna pass out with the pain. Of course, when the nurse tells you to relax its very difficult when all the blood is being pumped and you can see your arm turning blue!!! Will be interested to hear what happens at the pre-op assessment.

When I get the date you will all know BELIEVE ME! :talk017::party0038:

I just wanna say thank you thank you thank you to all of you who have left some really lovely comments on here I am so grateful, i've been following peoples progress for ages just waiting for my time to come and its so nice to be able to put my hand up and say i'm next i'm finally there! :eek:) I really can't wait and I've got so much support from family, friends and work I just wish I could spread this support to others as this forum has taught me that support is key to success and I get it from all of you as well which is amazing! Thank you guys, lots of love Laura xxxxxxx

Back