• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cocoxo

hi guys .

After 5 years I have finally been sleeved . Originally wanted the bypass but the surgeon on the day was not happy and suggested I go for the sleeve !.

I just did it as I was so desperate for the op.

Straight after the op, constant vomiting- I puked around 30 times in the space of an hour and was on going all night . Was a horrible red liquid . Ugh nightmares just thinking about it.

2nd day post off . Couldn’t really tolerate anything orally . I was dry , they couldn’t even take blood out . Poking me left right and centre was honestly the worst.

3rd day - sending me home , was tolerant of a lot more . Avoided all medications because they kept making me sick . So I’m just living with being saw . Food was very little . As expected

4th day today. Still on my 10 day liquid diet . Honestly I am starting to have weird cravings and crazy hunger pangs . I’m confused is that even normal ? . I don’t know how I’ll survive 10 days. IV had things like clear soups , teas , water , sugar free drinks and some milk.

I hope I can get through this !. The smell of food makes my stomach rumble like crazy !. I haven’t even checked my weight after 4 days . I doubt the scales have moved .

Looking forward to a purée diet . A bit more protein can be involved hopefully keep
Me fuller .

Quick questions .
During my post op liquid diet can I have sugar free boiled sweets ?. I have had a weird urge of having sour sweets so I was wondering if that’s ok?

I thought the sleeve was supposed to suppress hunger ?. I’m surprised my stomach growls at all to be honest.

Have you guys got any other tips on what to have during liquid diets?.
I’m thinking of trying the highlights hot choclate tommrow to see how I get on.

As they say - Rome was not built in a day .

Thanks guys
Merrry xmas ! X

hi guys .

After 5 years I have finally been sleeved . Originally wanted the bypass but the surgeon on the day was not happy and suggested I go for the sleeve !.

Straight after the op, constant vomiting- I puked around 30 times in the space of an hour and was on going all night . Was a horrible red liquid . Ugh nightmares just thinking about it.

2nd day post off . Couldn’t really tolerate anything orally . I was dry , they couldn’t even take blood out . Poking me left right and centre was honestly the worst.

3rd day - sending me home , was tolerant of a lot more . Avoided all medications because they kept making me sick . So I’m just living with being saw . Food was very little . As expected

4th day today. Still on my 10 day liquid diet . Honestly I am starting to have weird cravings and crazy hunger pangs . I’m confused is that even normal ? . I don’t know how I’ll survive 10 days. IV had things like clear soups , teas , water , sugar free drinks and some milk.

I hope I can get through this !. The smell of food makes my stomach rumble like crazy !. I haven’t even checked my weight after 4 days . I doubt the scales have moved .

Looking forward to a purée diet . A bit more protein can be involved hopefully keep
Me fuller .

Quick questions .
During my post op liquid diet can I have sugar free boiled sweets ?. I have had a weird urge of having sour sweets so I was wondering if that’s ok?

I thought the sleeve was supposed to suppress hunger ?. I’m surprised my stomach growls at all to be honest.

Thanks guys
Merrry xmas ! X
That sound awful but welcome to the losers bench
Protein shakes
Milky coffee
Protein yogurts thinned down with milk
Soup with added marvel (for more protein)
Sugar free sweets ? I personally wouldn’t have anything like that so soon but that’s just my opinion
Good luck x

Congrats on having your op.
Sorry can’t help as I haven’t had my op yet. I would be interested in what people say x

Welcome to the losers bench. Keep sipping fluids as much as you can. Real restriction comes when solid foods are introduced but keeping hydrated is soo important. Good luck xxx

Congratulations sweets sip sip sip and rest it will all come together honestly xx

hi guys .

Me fuller .

Quick questions .

Thanks guys
Merrry xmas ! X

Congratulations on your surgery! I hope you're still doing well with your liquid diet - not long left for you to go now!

Just wanted to say that you're not alone in the hunger pangs! I'm only 3 days post op now and they kicked in the day after surgery. Would be interested to hear if things have settled down for you yet now that you're a week out? :) Hope your sickness has subsided and that you're feeling better xx

Welcome and congratulations!
Your experience sounds horrendous but trust me, this journey you have embarked on will be worth every single second. Good luck xx

Super congratulations!
I had mine done in November

I still get rather hungry quite often and I was told too it would suppress hunger. I think it's a case of some people still get hunger pangs!

It does get easier though as the stages peogress. I noticed my hunger decreased in the puree/mash stage and really struggled in the liquid stage as felt so hungry.

However I had a similar situation to you in the beginning where I couldn't tolerate taking my neeications because it made me feel so sicky and it hurt my stomach .they too also couldn't get blood out of me and was incredibly difficult and painful.

I found it tough when I was out of hospital as smelling the food my partner was making was devine and I knew I couldn't have it! But the stages do work!

Try to keep at it. I used to be able to drink 4ltr of ice cold water pre-op, and I can't tolerate the amount of fluids or the temperature. I now find 'room temperature' drinks went down easier but hot drinks went down even better!

Im now on normal foods and I'm now worrying if I'm eating too much!

I now get very full extremely quickly and discovered just how quickly in the mash stage

Wishing you the best of luck!

Let us know how you're getting on

Charlotte x

Back