• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little bit about me

Tracietxx

Hi everyone. I'm tracy 47 from Birmingham under walsall manor. Very beginning of my journey..
I was never had a problem with my weight as a youngster .I was physically abused by my father for all my childhood .he would beat my mom .and eventually started to hit me when I was around 5 years old .I ran away from home numerous times but always got took bk by police .fast forward to age 16 I met what I thought was a lovely man he showered me with compliments married at 17 the day I married him he beat the crap out of me .that's where my love of food took over ..comfort eating scared to do anything had 4 kids as soon as he turned on one of them I left ..All kids at foot we lived in a hostel for battered women .I was safe my kids were safe ..I refused to get into another relationship I was scared I could never put my kids through tha life again ..any way fast forward again I'm now 47 .plucked up courage to go to gp and asked about weight loss surgery he was so understanding and refered me straight away ..I've been overweight all my adult life .I have high blood pressure high cholesterol arthritis in both knees I'm on strong medication ..I want to get healthy I need to get healthy .I'm 47 feel like I'm 97 I don't go out I have no friends I do have a lovely partner who says he like me for me ..trouble is I don't like me . So my first appointment is at walsall manor on 19th April I've been told it's a 4 hour appointment. Not sure what to expect. But I can say I'm well excited ..thank you for taking the time to read this very long post ..xxx

Hello and welcome
If you read through others diaries you will see a lot of us have histories of various types of abuse in our pasts which has a direct impact on how our relationships with food developed so you are not alone with that. Good luck on your journey x

I've been looking through lots of the diaries the last few nights some real inspirational ones yours included ! Thanks you for the reply ..I do realy apreciate it xxx

Hi Tracey ..
Keep this diary is , in my opinion , a very essential part of your new journey .. On here you can tell and say anything to us . We don't judge , we listen , you'll probably never get to meet any of us , but we will become a close knit family who understands everything your going through .. I don't even think our medical teams understand us as much as we understand each other ..
As Fee says there are a few members on here who have walked your path so your deff not alone , ever ..
Your post is very honest and heart warming ...
Ask anything on here , someone will always know the answer or point you in the right direction..
Hugs
Mindy
Xxx

Thank you so much for the reply .and thank you for taking the time to read my post .I do appreciate it ..I will keep my diary going 100% as I need to vent sometimes..nd I don't like to burdon my hubby with it ..so again thank you for the warm welcome xxx

So went to gp today as my blood pressure was giving me headaches again so he's upped my medication hoping I feel a little better tomorrow. .its a day closer to my first appointment not that I'm counting the days down lol ..xxx

Another day over ..so 1 day closer to that first appointment..I can't believe how excited I am to be on this journey it's like I have a new lease of life ..I'm gonna join slimming world tomorrow evening to kick start the diet b4 I get to my appointment at hospital.I've done SW in the past with good results but always put it bk on plus some ..but wanna show my commitment to this so I get the funding I so desperately need xx

Hello and welcome to the forum! Fingers crossed your journey will be as quick as possible and you will have your surgery soon. I joined SW yet again before my op as a way of losing before hand, I too had done it well before but not stayed on it longterm, i found it helped me. Good luck!

Thanks hun..I joined tonight in the hope of loosing a little b4 my appointment on the 19th April. .even if I drop a few lb ill be happy xx

Been a mad few days..bk on slimming world enjoying it if I'm honest .my partner bought a cheese nd tomato pizza home (my fave) I resisted it as I wanna show the surgeon I'm commited long term this time..had a few hours with my grandson yesterday he's only 2 months old .so brand new and ohh so cute ..hopefully 1 day I can take him to the park and not be worrying what people think of me ..health wise my breathing is vile at the min.the weather changes always effects it for some reason .blood pressure seems to have settled .also were now in April so closer to that first appointment that can change my life forever x

Hi everyone it's been a while ..my appointment is next week I'm so happy it's getting closer ..I'm still doing slimmimg world have lost 11lb so far .health wise .ive not been too good been in hospital with my breathing (COPD) but on new medication now so feeling much better ..also my daughter took me to weston super mare for the day .ohh my poor legs was dead for 3 days after ..I can't even walk for an hour b4 I'm in agony..but onwards and upwards I go nd hope that next year ill av ad my operation and can walk a little easier ..

Good luck x

Well went for appointment. Was there for just over 2 hours ..saw a dietician and also surgeon..showed me all different options .I'm going for either sleeve or bypass will research which one is best for me ..I'll be going to a group meeting next month and have psychologist appointment through post .given a goal of 5% to loose which is about a stone so all in all a good day..now the wait for the next appointment to come

Hi everyone ..its been a few weeks since I was last on ..took me ages to remember my login details as had new phone and lost all of them...any way still in the journey towards my weight loss surgery..had an appointment last week with the psychologist who has passed me off ..so i was well happy..just waiting on appointment now with the anethacist nd group session then ill be listed for surgery..i orriginaly wanted bypass it's been suggested that a sleeve would suit me better ..nd I always said I'd go on the advice of the surgeon..so sleeve it is ..i think I'm looking January/February ill get the op..but if any sooner will be a bonus xx

Hi everyone ..its been a few weeks since I was last on ..took me ages to remember my login details as had new phone and lost all of them...any way still in the journey towards my weight loss surgery..had an appointment last week with the psychologist who has passed me off ..so i was well happy..just waiting on appointment now with the anethacist nd group session then ill be listed for surgery..i orriginaly wanted bypass it's been suggested that a sleeve would suit me better ..nd I always said I'd go on the advice of the surgeon..so sleeve it is ..i think I'm looking January/February ill get the op..but if any sooner will be a bonus xx

Best of luck! X

Well I went to appointment in 13th Sept thought it was a weight check..in fact was a weight check and I signed concent forms..just a group seminar to go to will be Oct and anethacist been told ill be done b4 Christmas.. but I don't mind if after Christmas..i no i. Getting closer to my new life and I just can't wait xc

Back