• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little bit about me

You're doing amazingly well, I'm about 3 months behind you in the process so I'm hoping I'll follow the same timescale as you! Which hospital are you based at?

I think my hospital currently has a surgery waiting list of 6 months! Do you remember when you had the MDT meeting? I'm hoping thats my next hoop to jump through, all these damn hoops! :p

I had my MDT meeting on my third visit hun...ive been in system since April so realy quick considering some have waited well over a year xxx

It's been a while since I last posted.. I've jumped through all the hoops and am now on waiting list ..called last week and I'm looking at end of May for my operation.cant wait till it's all over gotta do lrd for 4 weeks .gonna be sick of milk by the time it's finished. Thank God I like milk lol.. hope everyone is well xx

Wow, you moved through the system quickly. Congratulation on getting a date for your surgery. What op are they going to give you and do you have a preference?

I'm having the sleeve id orriginaly wanted the bypass but surgeon suggested sleeve and I'd always said id go with what the surgeon decided. Yes my first appointment was April last year so will be just over a year from start to finish so relay quick compared to some xx

I'm sleeved through a private surgeon and I love it. I've got restriction for food and I know at some point I'll be able to eat everything again, just in small portions. I love that I've had the surgery. I'm just a few days shy of 5 weeks post ok & besides from the hormonal emotional roller coaster things have been fine.

Have you told lots of friends and family about the surgery? What are there reactions?x

I've told a few family .some say not to do it .others are supportive .but like I said the choice is mine and if I don't do something ill be dead anyway in few years .my mobility is realy restricted ..well done on getting your sleeve ..i can't wait till I'm done and dusted xx

It's been a while since I last posted.. I've jumped through all the hoops and am now on waiting list ..called last week and I'm looking at end of May for my operation.cant wait till it's all over gotta do lrd for 4 weeks .gonna be sick of milk by the time it's finished. Thank God I like milk lol.. hope everyone is well xx
A belated welcome to you, good luck with your surgery, May will be here in no time, I done 4 weeks on the milk diet at the start of my journey and I’m now half way through the 2 week pre op milk diet, my surgery is scheduled for 27th March....I’m so excited, and anxious too, I’ve been on this journey for 21 months start to surgery date so you’ve done very well. Look forward to reading your updates xxx

Hello @Tracietxx I'm from Birmingham too but i'm under heartlands hospital. Which part of Birmingham are you from?
Good luck with your surgery. I had my bypass on January 29th and i'm already thinking it's the best thing i've ever done for myself.
I'm like you too when it comes to really limited mobility so i know exactly how you feel. It would be so much nicer to be able to do more things with our family, especially when you have such a young grandchild too. Hopefully you'll be slim and healthy by the time it comes round to them actually remembering the stuff you do with them lol x

Ok so tomorrow is my day... all along the surgeon said sleeve ..I had to see a different surgeon Friday ((MY SURGEON SICK)) and he said he's doing me a MINI bypass I'm happy to go with what he has decided ..I've done a lot of research yesterday and today and I think it's a good choice for me ..so MINI bypass it is ..

Good l
Ok so tomorrow is my day... all along the surgeon said sleeve ..I had to see a different surgeon Friday ((MY SURGEON SICK)) and he said he's doing me a MINI bypass I'm happy to go with what he has decided ..I've done a lot of research yesterday and today and I think it's a good choice for me ..so MINI bypass it is ..
Good luck look forward to your updates xxx

Back