• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

finally its happened to me!!!!1

angiemason

Good luck and congratulations xx

jenny17

Good luck!!

Kizzy70

Congrats Becky, really pleased for you XX

BECKYBROWN80

arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! so was told to give it two weeks and call back to see what is going on, just spoke to the secretary and she said the surgeon has not been up to do the paperwork for the last two weeks! and that she hopes he will do it this weekend so will be another week to 10 days just to get some news!!!!! is nothing simple for me!!! looking at other peoples cases they seem to be much simpler. so many people have started their journey well after me and have dates or have had surgery already!!!! i am getting soooo peed off! sorry just need to vent! i know its on the nhs and free!!! but this is my life! ...................and breath!!!!......xx

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! so was told to give it two weeks and call back to see what is going on, just spoke to the secretary and she said the surgeon has not been up to do the paperwork for the last two weeks! and that she hopes he will do it this weekend so will be another week to 10 days just to get some news!!!!! is nothing simple for me!!! looking at other peoples cases they seem to be much simpler. so many people have started their journey well after me and have dates or have had surgery already!!!! i am getting soooo peed off! sorry just need to vent! i know its on the nhs and free!!! but this is my life! ...................and breath!!!!......xx
yeah some people are very luck with their pct, some of us are not :sigh: im pee'd off too, begining to think i wont get it at all :( chin up sweet xxx

Tatiana

Becky,

You are not alone in wishing their team would just get on and give us something definite to look forward to sooner rather than later! I thought I had a date only to be told just over a week prior to (what I had been led to believe) was going to be the start of the rest of my life only to be told they weren't even operating on the date I'd been given - wtf!

Now been told I MAY get to the top of the list by the middle to end of December; but have also been told they won't be operating Christmas or New Year weeks they operate on alternate Fridays only and only do 2 ops per list!) so there will probably only be one operating week in December so doubt it will happen this side of 2012 for me!

Feel free to rant on here, it makes all the difference to let off steam to people who actually understand the frustration we experience!

Tatiana

BECKYBROWN80

thanks guys. it definitely makes a difference having somewhere to moan and be understood! Come December, it will be TWO years since i went to my doctors and he referred me for surgery. The surgeons secretary said i must have set a record for the amount of time i have waited due to getting caught up in just about every change to the system that could happen! I am very grateful for this opportunity but two years is a long time! How come you dont feel its gonna happen for you caren?
Hope you get some good news soon tatiana. you are really close now! xx

Tatiana

Hi Becky,

Had good news at the end of last week and now have as surgery date of December 16th!

I'm really glad and hope you don't have to other wait too long for news!

Tatiana

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
thanks guys. it definitely makes a difference having somewhere to moan and be understood! Come December, it will be TWO years since i went to my doctors and he referred me for surgery. The surgeons secretary said i must have set a record for the amount of time i have waited due to getting caught up in just about every change to the system that could happen! I am very grateful for this opportunity but two years is a long time! How come you dont feel its gonna happen for you caren?
Hope you get some good news soon tatiana. you are really close now! xx
I dont fit the criteria of my pct (although im waiting for my sleep apnoea test), and someone else who is with the same pot as me is a lot worse than me and cant get funding, my mum was going to sell her garage to pay fot it, bless her heart, but we wont get enough money :(

BECKYBROWN80

yay! great news tatiana. you must be soooo excited!

i dont understand why all pct do not use the same guidelines! good luck with the rest if your application caren x