• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

….And So the Journey Begins

nerves are normal soon be excited then back to nerves and self doubt

Your story is very simlar to mine, I have 2 children under 5, no health problems but have over the last 12 months felt aches and pains creeping in. I have been in denial for a long time about how I look but my little girl took some photos of me the other day without me knowing and OMG I look disgusting and much much bigger than I foolishly thought I was, I was sooooo ashamed of myself. I am booked in for a bypass on 21.5.14 and looking forward to not bieng the fattest mom in the school playground :cry:

Because I don't have to do a pre op diet, I'm really not doing myself any Favours with my food. It's like I'm eating things because I'll never be able to eat them again!

I may just be having normal pre op jitters, but these are the things that have been running through my head. - am I mutilating myself as punishment for being so greedy
- will having a sleeve work
- Is it worth paying out every penny I have (and don't have!) for something that may not work
- I know it's not a cure, but a tool; therefore what if I spend all this money, and I still eat just as badly as before and am still fat but skint as well!

all normal thoughts pre op i was still doubting myself on the train to get mines done almost got off at the next stop then i thought if i do that i might not see next year or my family again i have to do this was still worried walking to theater but once done the relief is unbelievable that you feel

Something I won't miss - not being to get in and out my car if someone parks too close!! Grrrrr

Had to let the hand break off my car to roll it back just so I could get in my drivers door.

Back