• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finding it extremely hard!!!

SarahAD

Hi all
I'm now 11 post op from my bypass and am finding it really hard so far. I am so sorry if I sound like I'm whinging but I just am in despair.
I have weighed my self and I have lost about 4lb since the op. Is that good?
Obviously I'm still on liquid diet but it's hard work I'm finding. The sort of things I'm having are; tomato soup, mushroom soup (no bits), coffee, nas juice, low fat thin yogurts, tesco milk lollies & tiny amount innocent smoothies. The thing is that everything tastes disgusting at the moment because I have to take 2 tsp liquid iron x2 a day and that's coated mymouth and made my Tongue black. I've now bought some iron tablets instead.
I just can't wait to have soft diet and am craving scrambled eggs and beans etc.

To be honest, last week I was wishing I hadn't had it done.

Anyone else feel like this or have any probs?

Sorry once again for going on but you're all so helpful and supportive I think I just need your encouragement

Thanks a lot ;-/

Sarah xx

oh sarah :( bless your heart. Lots of people feel regretful for a few weeks after the op. Once you heal and start eating and drinking more, and the weight starts falling off, you will be so happy, stick with it sweet xxx

Thank you for the kind words Caren. I hope so. Are you still waiting for your op? It must seem really annoying to you seeing moans when you are;-( . I wish I'd been on here a long while before I had my op so I could've seen what issues people faced after the op. I think I was psychologically really unprepared.
Xx

Oh hun bless ya,from the things read its completey normal to feel like that, another loss thing everyone is different but you will still be swollen and can't eat much so may not be getting enough food to lose, make sure you keep drinking as much as you can it will come of honey, your doing great and 4lb is a reAlly good loss ... take care hun :) xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

hi
i am 7 days post op, i have lost 1 stone 2 lbs in a week , but i too am struggling, i have been told to drink liquids 4 4 weeks, i was told to drink slim fast yuk yuk, everytime i try it makes me sick, i am not drinking enough, i am drinking hot drinks, water, soup , i feel weather i should of had it too as i lost 5 stone since nov, then another stone since then total 6, but at least on diet i was happy , and yes the weight is coming off, but would rather be fat and happy then slimmer and unhappy

Thanks for that! I knew I could rely on you all for support & encouragement ;'-)

Food meant so much to me and I feel like I've had my right arm cut off! Lol!

Xx

Your not alone, I found it really hard until around week 5/6 when I was able to start introducing normal solid foods. I remember day 10 post op crying my eyes out asking hubby what the hell I'd done all I wanted was some fizzy pop and a proper meal but I can promise you things will get better but its certainly not the easy way out as some say its very hard emotionally. I'm at a stage now where I love my bypass but still have days or moments rather when I wish I could pig out once in a while but every lb lost reminds me why I done this and whats more important.

You will reach this stage just try not to be too hard on yourself your human and takes a while for your head to catch up xx

You hit the nail on the head there about fat and happy or slimmer and unhappy! Also, a lot of people questioned why I had it done in the first place (got it on NHS) as I'm size 22 and my heaviest weight was 19st 5lb (bmi 41).
Well, enough moaning from me. I should be grateful I've had it done and I best get on with it!

Xx

Thank you for the kind words Caren. I hope so. Are you still waiting for your op? It must seem really annoying to you seeing moans when you are;-( . I wish I'd been on here a long while before I had my op so I could've seen what issues people faced after the op. I think I was psychologically really unprepared.
Xx
yeah im still waiting for my op, dont think i'll get it to be honest, but that doesn't stop me from being happy for other :) x

Thanks for that! I knew I could rely on you all for support & encouragement ;'-)

Food meant so much to me and I feel like I've had my right arm cut off! Lol!

Xx
food means too much to us all honey, thats why we are here. Its an addiction, and the op helps us to overcome it, good luck mate, im sure you'll be fine in a few weeks :) xxx

masher said:
hi
i am 7 days post op, i have lost 1 stone 2 lbs in a week , but i too am struggling, i have been told to drink liquids 4 4 weeks, i was told to drink slim fast yuk yuk, everytime i try it makes me sick, i am not drinking enough, i am drinking hot drinks, water, soup , i feel weather i should of had it too as i lost 5 stone since nov, then another stone since then total 6, but at least on diet i was happy , and yes the weight is coming off, but would rather be fat and happy then slimmer and unhappy

When you start to be able to eat again you will be happy, it is a huge shock to the body it just needs time to catch up, I'm sure you will be happy when you can eat better things :) xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

every day you will feel a litttle better both of you xx and you weren't fat and happy otherwise you wouldn't have the op :) honestly we all feel what have we done at some point i'm having a rubbish day today not food wise but feel yuk :( keep going and you will both soon be soooooo much happier xx

Thanks!
Oh Caren I didn't mean that! You are kind, I just feel for people who have to jump thru hoops of fire to get their ops! I had no issues at all with any of the process and waited 15 months from start to finish.
I hope you get your op mate!

Xx

Thanks!
Oh Caren I didn't mean that! You are kind, I just feel for people who have to jump thru hoops of fire to get their ops! I had no issues at all with any of the process and waited 15 months from start to finish.
I hope you get your op mate!

Xx
lol i didnt think u meant anything honey :) and thanks :D xxx

Please don't feel you're whinging at all honey. I am on here most days moaning so don't worry. We all have bad days and wonder what we did to ourselves. For me everytime I step on the scales and see yet another pound has gone I know why I did it. I want to live. My weight was killing me literally. I'm not sure I was ever fat and happy...I'm still sad alot but not because of what I did. I would do it again in a second without a second thought.
I don't miss anything I ate before...I like new things now and find my body craves the things it needs now...nuts, meat, eggs etc
Don't worry darlin things do get better.

Hi Sarah

You'll be fine :)
The first few days after my op I thought I'd made the biggest mistake of my life!
I've now lost just over 7 stones and feel so good about myself :)
Once your weight really starts to come off I'm sure you'll feel you've made the right decision xx

Thanks ladies!
I just had a laughing cow light ( took a few mins to reduce it to liquid! Lol!) naughty I know on liquid diet but it cheered me up!!
Xx

You are perfectly normal and everyone goes through the same thing.We wonder what the hell we have done to our bodies,why couldnt I just diet and lose weight,will I ever eat 'normally' again.
It all falls into place,it takes weeks to heal inside properly,weeks to get used to foods we no longer want or need,weeks for the lbs and inches to start moving.But when it does fall into place you wont look back and you will laugh at these first few weeks.Come back in August and tell us how you feel then.You will be slimmer,better dressed full of energy healthy and happy!Promise,It happened to me!

Thanks for that!
It all makes sense. It gets a bit better every day I must admit and I'm feeling very optimistic today!
I will hopefully be able to go shopping in the late summer for a nice dress for my daughter's 18th party!!!
Xx

just want to send you hugs hun, there isnt anything i can say which hasnt already been said.. but the first few weeks are tough... but will get easier dont worry xxx

As said before it does get easier....

Take time for yourself and make the most of being able to rest. Treat yourself to little things like painting your nails, having a soak in the bath whatever is your thing.

I was about your weight when I had my op and struggled daily top get enough liquids, food etc etc. At one point I didn't know how I could possibly fit in work as well as my full time consumption program!!!

Now 5months and 5 stone lighter most days are great...I won't say every day because that would be a lie...

Keep doing what your doing and it will all fall into place:):)

Back