• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finding it so hard to be patient

pink butterfly

AHHHH Dunno whats up with me today but I'm finding it really hard being patient for date....
I am in to see Mr Schroeder on 8th Dec but just wish they could give me a date....not even that I'm being impatient & wanting it now.
I think its the organiser in me I have to know when & plan for it.
Feeling quite low which is not like me at all :cry:

It's normal Ange... we are mostly all the same... many of us are waiting for confirmation dates... mine is in January sometime, not had it yet... it seems like an eternity Angel, I know... but we are going to get there before you know it!

Love and hugs xxx

Ah thanks Bev, I know I'm not the only one waiting & honest I am not ungratefull at all, I know I am sooo lucky to be getting this chance.
Can I ask when you say yours is in January sometime, how do you get to know that?
Thanks hun
xx

Hello Ange... we all feel the same and it makes me feel exactly as you do... it must go with the wait Ange....

I've had my pre op... I've recently had pleurisy and a couple of other things health wise and I was told January at my pre op... if my health permits.... so I'm in virtual hibernation since I want to get on with it...

We may go through together... forgive me... Ange... where are you up to... I read so much as you do whilst you are waiting... I am not exactly sure where you are at right now with your appointments.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Ah Bev,

I am so sorry to hear you've been poorly I hope you are on the mend & ready to enjoy Christmas.
To be honest I'm at a loss as to where I am myself lol....I had endoscopy & was put on list in September (I know that does'nt seem long to be this impatient) I have appt with Mr Schroeder on 8th December (should have been november but that was cancelled) I just wish I knew a date to prepare for xxx

Ring them Ange and clarify... just ask if you will be called for a pre op before your date is given and query it... let us know and if in doubt I always say, don't lose sleep over it pick up the phone... that's another thing we all tend to do as well... plus we often question whether we should before doing so... but I say go for it!

We are with you!

Love and hugs Ange(l)
xxx

Like Bev says its quite normal to feel like this. I dont think I thought about anything else for getting on 2 yrs! The waiting really is the pits but you will get through it and when you do you will look back and think it wasnt that long really! I cant believe I am over 7 weeks post op now. Good Luck hun, your time will come XX

Ange the normal procedure with Sunderland is that you get your date by phone or letter, then shortly afterwards the pre-op diet sheet is sent in the post. Around that time you will also have your appointment for your pre-op. I had about 4 weeks notice, but some get less.
I am slightly confused that you have an appointment with Mr Schroeder since you're already on the waiting list. That seems unusual.
I think the waiting period is between 18 and 26 weeks at Sunderland, once you've been put on the list.
Once I knew my date must be approaching, I rang the surgeon's secretary. She gave me my date there and then!
Hopefully you won't have too much later to wait now honey.
Grace xxx

Awww Ange, i can totally relate to your need to know your wls date. It was like reading about myself lol.

Isnt it awful being left to wait and not being able to sort things out. Its sent me crazy this past year and im wondering if i will ever be the same lol.

Im not going to tell you not to worry or to try and keep busy or just try to relax, because you wont in fact if you are like me you just wont be able to.
What i will say lovey is ring the secretary, i rang mine every 2 weeks at first, then every week, but to be honest I wish i hadnt because i was mislead and when i finally got my date i was really upset as it wasnt when id been told it would be.

Im thinking of you love and hoping that you here something positive quite soon.
Just remember you are not alone xxxx

Ah thanks lovely ladies you's are so understanding....Andrea you make me laugh lol!!
I would ring secretary but when I have spoken to her previously she was not very approachable....the only time I was met with a friendly voice was when it was the other surgeons secretary.

But on a brighter note we have SNOW.....lol its like a winter wonderland out there....might not feel the same when I have to tackle my way out to work in it!!
Have a FAB day gorgeous ladies & thank you all for your kind words & support
xxx

hi ya im at sunderland to and i called and spoke to Dr Smalls secretary yesterday i had my endoscopy on the 29th september so she told me that it would probably be march but as i have lost of my target weight she would put me on the cancellation list so they could call me any time. im the worlds most impatient person and i think its only made worse because im getting quite nervous about it now. i call her about once every three weeks so i must be driving her mad so your not the only one. go careful in the snow today if your off to work.

Hi Ange,

completely understand ! The wait for the op is terrible! I think I've thought of nothing else all of this year ever since I started contemplating having this operation. And with so many things I've told myself 'I'll do that after the op' and I feel like I have put my life on hold until then. Now it's so near I can feel it!
Your time will come and with the christmas period time usually flies by!

All the best xx

I feel better knowing we must all be the same lol!! Perky Princess Can I ask did you ring & ask to speak specifically to Mr Smalls secretary? just I notice your consultant is Mr Balpuri, I would rather speak to her as she was so approachable, where as Mr Shcroeders secretary I fely like a naughty school girl bothering her lol.....though she was gonna give me detention haha xx

I feel better knowing we must all be the same lol!! Perky Princess Can I ask did you ring & ask to speak specifically to Mr Smalls secretary? just I notice your consultant is Mr Balpuri, I would rather speak to her as she was so approachable, where as Mr Shcroeders secretary I fely like a naughty school girl bothering her lol.....though she was gonna give me detention haha xx

hi yeah i just called the hospital and asked them to put me through to Dr Small secratery and she was really lovely and took the time to listen to my query. hope you have some luck.

I'm impatient too. Just keep plugging away...

The wait really is hideous...it's the not knowing 'when' that really eats away at you...once you get a date, it's better because if you are anything like me, you can plan and organise things on the run-up to your op and time does seem to go so much faster xxx

Back