• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

finding it hard

southfields12

i was wondering if anyone has found it difficult trying to stop eating junk. i am 14 days post op and started the mush stage but i have felt hungry and i know my band hasnt been filled yet but i dont feel any restiction at all. I am a fool to myself as i have been eating ice cream, chisps and chocolate. i couldnt wait to get off fluids and eat real food and thought that i would eat healthy but im slipping back to my old ways, and im worried i will be the one who fails to lose weight and wasts all the money i borrowed:cry:i dont know how to get control again:argh:

Hi Hun

I am too now almost three weeks post op, having a fill next week, it is hard and this week did not loose anything but I think it's the body catching up with the weight etc, I have been using fitness pal app to logit all, it does help, I want to eat ice cream and crisps and getting obsessive about it but have not yet, I think you got to be sensible and work hard with this band but treat your self too,

Start again each day as a new day and try alternatives to the foods you know are not going to help, it's early days but you can do this and just keeping taking day by day xx

Always here to support you
Jane x

thank you jane everyone is putting how much they have lost but not how difficult it is not to slip back into our old ways, i spent a life time learing these patterns but only two weeks not eating x

It is hard work and alot of head hurt stuff we are going through, we have both in the past probably eaten all there is to eat, will power whilst there is no restriction is hard but it will be worth it! Day by day my friend.

You can do it! X

Southfields, you know what you are doing wrong, so no need for anyone else to beat up on you. It isnt easy to change a lifetime of eating food which isnt the best for us. Even nowadays when have i have lost my weight, i could eat more healthily sometimes. But its about balance overall, so the odd bit of less healthy food, when 95% is healthy, isn't going to be a diet breaker! All I would urge immediately however is that at least you stick to food types your provider recommends rather than damage your band /stomach at such an early stage. Crisps do not class as mushy food :confused: You can do this. Be positive and plan your strategy going forwards so you will be able to cope with moments when you will be tempted to go off piste ... Sending you positive vibes x

Back