• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help asap!!

lclucy89

Some of you may have read my previous threads on here, I had my operation in June, we are now nearly in December. I have had one band fill, and I have lost around 15lbs.

I am struggling to change my eating habits, I am eating less but I am still eating bad things. I feel this was a waste of money, I was expecting things to change instantly, which is bad and I shouldnt.

The clinic wont let me have another band fill until I start losing weight, but I feel it will control my eating?

I dont know what to do :/ Im just not happy and feel I have wasted all of this money

Im not a bander, but the operational wasnt on your head, all these procedures are only aids.

We as individuals still need to make the right food choices, otherwise we don't lose.

Are you drinking enough as well?

I know but I can't force myself to make the changes.. I need to sort myself out.

I probs don't drink enough. I forget.

I just need extra support but I don't know where to go

Thanks

If u paid for it u should DEMAND a fill. Who is ur provider and why ate they saying u can't ?? I am sorry I have not seen ur other post . Hope it gets sorted soon xxx

take it back to square one....go back to your first couple of weeks post op and start afresh. Cut the crappy foods and start shopping with healthier stuff in mind. I'm living by the rule if I don't buy it, I can't eat so only have minimal naughties in the house (rich tea finger for example). The fill/band can't sort your head hun, your provider needs to see you committed to this...show them you can do it and let them see you back losing!!! Was never meant to be easy....(I've just been querying cals on a big mac! Get my drift?! everyone struggles with the demon food-just don't let it win)!!! Go girl!!! xx

I totally agree with Jo, start from scratch. Do a list of the things that you should not be eating and try, try, try, it is hard but it is for your best. The junk food that you are still eating is not making anything for you, but making feel like this....you can do it.

I can understand where u are coming from I am only 3 weeks pre op and I am eating everything I shouldn't, but listen to Jo and the others I got my bollocking off Jo today and done me wonders, I ask myself how much do I want this, and the answer is more than anything, so like Jo said don't buy it, good luck Hun and I do know where. Your coming from x

Once you crack the heaf thing the rest will follow. Sit down and make a list of the thing that your band needs as a tool to work.

Include water, fruit veg etc and write yourself a band eating plan there are sections in the forum where you can you can post your daily meals and what you have had fluid wise if its written down its easier to see where you need to make adjustments. It is hard til you get your restriction and have something to work with. You are not alone here shout and someone will be along x x x

Thank you all for the great replies.

It is hard and I did expect the weight to drop off but I need to take control now.

I've packed porrige for work today, hopefully that will fill me up for the day. Then I can have meat and veg for my tea.

In a previous post, its mentioned to write a list of food good for the band, can anyone help me with this please? I will write myself a diet plan and stick to it, I just need to know exactly what I have to eat!

I'm going to NYC a week today, I'm annoyed at myself because I still hate myself so I will hate all pictures and I should be enjoying myself not worrying about that!

Thanks again all
Lucy x

suebland said:
I can understand where u are coming from I am only 3 weeks pre op and I am eating everything I shouldn't, but listen to Jo and the others I got my bollocking off Jo today and done me wonders, I ask myself how much do I want this, and the answer is more than anything, so like Jo said don't buy it, good luck Hun and I do know where. Your coming from x

Sue you haven't felt the wrath of me yet :D I'm saving that for when you next buy Pringles :) :) xx

lclucy89 said:
Thank you all for the great replies.

It is hard and I did expect the weight to drop off but I need to take control now.

I've packed porrige for work today, hopefully that will fill me up for the day. Then I can have meat and veg for my tea.

In a previous post, its mentioned to write a list of food good for the band, can anyone help me with this please? I will write myself a diet plan and stick to it, I just need to know exactly what I have to eat!

I'm going to NYC a week today, I'm annoyed at myself because I still hate myself so I will hate all pictures and I should be enjoying myself not worrying about that!

Thanks again all
Lucy x

Hi Hun
Why not join us on my fitness pal....you can view people's daily food diaries to help you? x

Hi All

In the same boat exactly. I got my band in August 2011 and have not lost any weight since I finished the liquid diet at the beginning of September. I have not been eating right and have had 3 fills so far, but I never feel that much of a restriction. I must admit I thought this would be the solution and would be much easier. I am going to take your advice given to you by Jo28172, who is an inspiration and hopefully will be able to help me abit also.

I am now trying and am going to book in for my next fill and will hopefully start to see an improvement x

Good luck to all you banders and hopefully see you all at the finish line xx

I'm not a bander but would it help to put all the reasons you wanted the op in the first place on paper. You must've had a strong will then to sort it out so maybe if you look back you can look forward :) xx take care

As boring as it sounds you really do have to work with the band to get results. It was a huge disapointment to me to find that having a gastric band is not a miracule cure for over eating. I didn't find this site untill after my surgery so really had no realistic expectations before hand.
I know how you feel! Having the band still requires alot of willpower to loose weight. The thing that spurs me on is the thought that I've spent nearly 6 grand on this! Also that I HAVE to do this.
Using my fitness pal helps keep track of how many calories etc you are eating.
losing 1-2lbs per week is the usual and it doesn't take long to add up.
Take it a day at a time, good luck.
Karen xxx

Well said Karen, one day at the time :)

Chick in the City said:
Hi All

In the same boat exactly. I got my band in August 2011 and have not lost any weight since I finished the liquid diet at the beginning of September. I have not been eating right and have had 3 fills so far, but I never feel that much of a restriction. I must admit I thought this would be the solution and would be much easier. I am going to take your advice given to you by Jo28172, who is an inspiration and hopefully will be able to help me abit also.

I am now trying and am going to book in for my next fill and will hopefully start to see an improvement x

Good luck to all you banders and hopefully see you all at the finish line xx

If you join my fitness pal add me: jo28172

I'm no saint either but together we can try harder :)

Jo first of all nice pic xxx looking very very good. Secondly, I don't know how to use it best as I mostly do home cooking so unsure how to calculate things. How do you do it?

Back