• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help asap!!

Thx Hun!!! Just had long overdue haircut!!!! If you make your own foods there's a recipe tab if I recall where you enter ingredients to make the meal then can allocate portion size and add to diary. This then stores for next time so you're not re inputting it all. I'm no chef so I guess easier for me :) xx

Thanks for all the great replies, I'm starting liquids again today

If I lose 7lbs I can have my 2nd band fill so planning to book in for that!

Xx

I tried to do liquids, and failed miserably.
I am just going to take control and nothing extreme.
I swam 5 times last week which is good. So planning to keep that up also.

Booked in for my next band fill, 20th Feb, so need to lose 7lbs for that.

Any ideas? How can I reduce portion sizes again?

Some of you may have read my previous threads on here, I had my operation in June, we are now nearly in December. I have had one band fill, and I have lost around 15lbs.

I am struggling to change my eating habits, I am eating less but I am still eating bad things. I feel this was a waste of money, I was expecting things to change instantly, which is bad and I shouldnt.

The clinic wont let me have another band fill until I start losing weight, but I feel it will control my eating?

I dont know what to do :/ Im just not happy and feel I have wasted all of this money

Well done on your weight loss so far, with any weight loss tool whether bypass, band , sleeve etc unless u make the changes to eat the things that gets us into the size we grew into things will not change, albeit you be able to eat less but still high calorific intake wont help and not forgetting your fluid intake as well, you have not wasted your money unless you don't make any changes Hun and you can do it but you really need to dig deep and focus.

Have you seen a dietician at all to help you along the way???? If yes what have they suggested you do? Do a diary to keep track of what and how much you are eating??? Wishing you all the best - Julie xxx

Late to the party, but I was in a similar situation so can let you know how I got out of it!

Firstly - use MyFitnessPal everyday. Log everything that passes your lips, good or bad, even if you go over your calorie level. It doesn't shout at you if you do (believe me!) and it can really help you get control over your eating habits when you're writing and recording every single thing (drinks included) that you have.

Secondly, you don't mention what exercise you're doing, but it really helps to get moving! I was doing a lot of walking and one gym session a week for the month running up to Xmas. since then I've been doing a martial arts class every week (which I've always wanted to do!) and just joined my local leisure centre, so hoping to do an aquarobics class and a gym session on top of that.

The band isn't a magic cure and you really do have to work with it. I'm still learning that, and still learning how my body deals with things, so I certainly haven't got all the answers but I'm finding the above is really helping me with getting back on track :) x

Back