• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im going to do it...

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Hi guys,

Ive booked my consultation for thursday with WLS group and then hopefully book the op for 1st week of april when im off work for 2 weeks.
Im so excited and scared at the same time, but more scared that i wont work hard enough with the band rather than the actual operation.
Im now trying to think about what im eating and how im eating...yes i eat really fast and big mouthfulls, so im trying to slow down and chew, chew chew in preparation.
I was also wondering what happens on a hot summers day when you are super thirsty and normally you would gulp down a pint of icy cold squash?
Im making my list of questions to ask and ill let you know how i get on...hopefully i will have a date booked, however, ive still got to find the money first?

xx

Ask away and everyone will help. I have had a great time with the band despite feeling exactly as you do at the start. you can do it and it will work great for you too
Best wishes
jo XX

Whichever op you're having, all the best! You get used to drinking smaller mouthfuls but we have to drink a lot of water (not with food though) so you'll get your fluids in fine don't worry. I was worried about that part as well before my band but can drink fine.

Not being a bander i can't answer on most of this.... But i can say 'suck an ice cube' if your mouth is really dry, in between mouthfuls of squash that is....

As a 8 month post op bypasser i can now gulp a mouthful of squash, i couldn't neck a pint but i can do a gulp if needed. Sometimes i'm like 'whoa' slow down on the next one and sometimes it don't bother me :)

Good luck x

Thanks Guys,

Its going to be tough no doubt!
Ive started to tell people today, and there has been zero reaction...well to my face anyway!
xx

Good questions about the fast drinking etc, I am assuming we wont need to gulp as much as being smaller we wont overheat as much lol heres hoping x

Good luck with your appt

Back