• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment tomorrow?!

bethannymae

Hey!
So I figure, this might be the one place I wont get judged, everywere else I ask and hope for some sort of encouragement I seem to get shot own by nasty hate and mysteriously upsetting anons.
I am SO SO NERVOUS, because I feel like my age is going to pay a huge part in their decision purely because I'm 19..
I should be brutally honest with them right? I get a little bit nervous with doctors due to a terrible experience with a previous doctor when trying to discuss my weight. (I haven't ha the greatest luck with doctors until recently swapping GP Surgery)
I'm just so ready for a change, I don't want to be known as 'the fat one' when I go to uni in september, I want to be fit and healthy and do everything a normal teenager does. It's so tiring hearing ''you've got a pretty face it's a shame you haven't lost weight' and getting critiized for everything, I NEED THE CHANGE Help! Do I just be myself and honest at this first appointment thing?
I think if it all went to plan with the NHs i'll lock myself in my room with a table of smoothies with that pre op diet.:eek:

Lots of love to everything, Beth xx

Hi Beth yea be absolutely honest with your GP and the bariatric team that way you will get the very best outcome for you
I thought I would like a sleeve but after being completely honest with the team about my eating habits and diet it was decided that I was better suited to a bypass in order to be successful long term
I think your age shouldn't be an obstacle whilst I'm older I wish I had done something much earlier and lived a happier healthier life in my 20/30's
Best of luck with your journey X

Hey! So I figure, this might be the one place I wont get judged, everywere else I ask and hope for some sort of encouragement I seem to get shot own by nasty hate and mysteriously upsetting anons. I am SO SO NERVOUS, because I feel like my age is going to pay a huge part in their decision purely because I'm 19.. I should be brutally honest with them right? I get a little bit nervous with doctors due to a terrible experience with a previous doctor when trying to discuss my weight. (I haven't ha the greatest luck with doctors until recently swapping GP Surgery) I'm just so ready for a change, I don't want to be known as 'the fat one' when I go to uni in september, I want to be fit and healthy and do everything a normal teenager does. It's so tiring hearing ''you've got a pretty face it's a shame you haven't lost weight' and getting critiized for everything, I NEED THE CHANGE Help! Do I just be myself and honest at this first appointment thing? I think if it all went to plan with the NHs i'll lock myself in my room with a table of smoothies with that pre op diet.:eek: Lots of love to everything, Beth xx
Beth, we will all support you, be 100% honest with yourself and then and be prepared to change for the rest of your life for the better X

Hiya Beth, absolutely you don't worry about your age in fact your tackling it before you get older which is a huge plus as lots of habits can be altered easier along with skin elasticity ect. I wish someone had listened to me years ago and I had done it done before now. Lots of stories on here highs and lows plenty of good honest support. Sending you huge hugs. x x

Hello and welcome beth! We all have been at the same starting place as you so your not on your own!
Please be honest with your team as they are there to help/support/guide you thru all the steps and will need you to be upfront with them
your age is not a favtor in fact I wish I did it years, even decades ago instead of allowing myself to get bigger and deeper into a mess of yo yo dieting and hating myself at your age really mad habits ( I guess) may be easier to adjust to
I wish you nothing but luck , keep posting and I look forward to other catch ups with you

Back