• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Band Fill..???

lclucy89

Help!

I have been reading lots of threads and most people are having their first band fill around 6weeks..

I have spoken to my team and they are saying 6months!

At the minute, I am feeling hungry alot and definatly know I am eating too much and not feeling full. So I dont think I ca wait 6months!

What can I do!?

xxx

Help!

I have been reading lots of threads and most people are having their first band fill around 6weeks..

I have spoken to my team and they are saying 6months!

At the minute, I am feeling hungry alot and definatly know I am eating too much and not feeling full. So I dont think I ca wait 6months!

What can I do!?

xxx

6 Months??:eek: Who are u with and wot aftercare package did you purchase???

6MONTHS??? I've never heard of that before. That can't be right.
I would get back in contact with your provider and talk it over more.
Good luck!

I flew over to Prague for it. They said all band fills are included in the price.

I have to do a week diary of what I am eating for them to assess. Then they can look at a band fill.

I am panicing I have made a mistake now.. :/

I flew over to Prague for it. They said all band fills are included in the price.

I have to do a week diary of what I am eating for them to assess. Then they can look at a band fill.

I am panicing I have made a mistake now.. :/

If they are included in the price why are they denying u a band fill for 6 months??? are you allowed so many fills ??? is it lifetime of fills?? and where are u 2 have your fills done?(location) soz to ask all questions just wanna get whole picture before advising u . xxx

They said it is unlimited fills.

And I can either fly there and back in a day or they have a nurse over here in UK.

I was talking to the company I booked with, and I emailed the clinic direct yesterday twice and I have had no reply.
I think my wounds arent healing well, but I have to check with them apparently before going to the doctors. But they arent replying!! I am in so much pain, I am just going to go today!

I am really stressing about it all now! :/

Lucy - you poor thing. I hope they reply soon as its not good enough to just leave you like this!

I take it the nurse wont be in the UK for another six months then? Is flying feasible, there are providers who just offer aftercare although if you have paid for its as part of your package I can understand if you think why should I.

I hope you get a resolution soon x

They said it is unlimited fills.

And I can either fly there and back in a day or they have a nurse over here in UK.

I was talking to the company I booked with, and I emailed the clinic direct yesterday twice and I have had no reply.
I think my wounds arent healing well, but I have to check with them apparently before going to the doctors. But they arent replying!! I am in so much pain, I am just going to go today!

I am really stressing about it all now! :/

If they say the fills are unlimited then within reason once you have healed and ready for a fill then they should honor their part of the aftercare and give you the fills you have paid for in part of your package, is there anyway the company u booked with could contact the clinic for you????? I mean I dont know all the ins and outs for private side of things but isnt there any kinda like erm.......guarantee/insurance (if u get my gist) surely they cannot just ignore you now you have paid for the op privately. As I sed I dont know anything about going privately at all so just speaking out loud here xx

As far as ur wounds are concerned, to whom did they advise you to go and see for your check ups post op? I would have thought they would be the ones u need to contact if u have any worries regarding ur wounds xx

Lucy I am so sorry to hear that things are not the best at the moment. I am sure you will get it all sorted out. x

Thanks for the responses.

I went to see my own doctor today, he said the wounds are healing well and its normal for them still to hurt, so that's a relief.

Still had nothing back from the clinic, so will email again tomorrow! Hopefully will get somewhere.
Will keep you all updated
xxx

I have asked again regarding the fills. This was my reply..

As mentioned in previous emails, an adjustment is not wise at this time, and a diary is needed first.

We can start to look after 3-4 months, but better for post-op care/result at 6-9 months.

lclucy89 said:

As mentioned in previous emails, an adjustment is not wise at this time, and a diary is needed first.

We can start to look after 3-4 months, but better for post-op care/result at 6-9 months.

That not true I got my first fill 6weeks- after op x

Hello, me again LoL

Did they tell you the circumstances regarding fills prior to surgery?? Julie x

Nope they didnt tell me.

On the notes I recieved at the clinic when I was there, it says they can look at fills frm 4 weeks. But when I asked them about it they said that they can but its not definate

x

Nope they didnt tell me.

On the notes I recieved at the clinic when I was there, it says they can look at fills frm 4 weeks. But when I asked them about it they said that they can but its not definate

x

As I stated in previous post I have no experience of private funding for any wls but the fact the notes state u can have a fill from 4 weeks upwards, but they are now saying u can but its not definite is wrong.............to give someone this information prior to surgery and then change the "rules" afterwards well..... sounds to me like a cop out, Sorry if this is not the answer u want but thats the way I see it tbh.

this is very bad after care and there scamming you..... banders should have there 1st fill at week 6........ make a formal complaint !!! who is the uk fill nurse acting on their behalf? they must of gave you a name... id contact her, good luck x

Hi All,

I recieved an email from the clinic directly.. This is what they have said.

Dear Lucy,

According to your questions the earliest re-fill should be 3 months. We do not recommend any earlier re-fill.
The most of our patients are coming for re-fill after 6 months. Until than it is necessary to keep the diet instructions.
Earlier adjustments have no major effect on weight loss whatsoever.

Thanks a lot.

Lucie Galle
Asistentka sekretariátu kliniky

I really dont know what to do now, my weight is staying the same and I feel like I am eating the same amount.. I NEED this bnd fill

What can I do??

Lucy I feel your despair. What they are saying seems to go against what every other providers does. I know you paid for the surgery and after care but you may have to consider shelling out more and finding someone else to do your after care or seeing if there is some complaints process you an go through and take this higher.

tranquil x

Hi All,

I recieved an email from the clinic directly.. This is what they have said.

Dear Lucy,

According to your questions the earliest re-fill should be 3 months. We do not recommend any earlier re-fill.
The most of our patients are coming for re-fill after 6 months. Until than it is necessary to keep the diet instructions.
Earlier adjustments have no major effect on weight loss whatsoever.

Thanks a lot.

Lucie Galle
Asistentka sekretariátu kliniky

I really dont know what to do now, my weight is staying the same and I feel like I am eating the same amount.. I NEED this bnd fill

What can I do??

I am curious as to why they recommend no band fills for the first 3 months:confused: and they should treat each of their patients as individuals not as a whole, tbh everyone I have ever known ( with band, but on nhs) has not had to wait 3-6 months before they get a fill, unless due too unforeseen circumstances ( port flipped ,like in my case, or emergencies beyond the hospitals control) but on the whole most of us have had a fill within the first 6-8 weeks certainly not 6 months.

I am curious also as to why they say -
Earlier adjustments have no major effect on weight loss whatsoever. What a load of twaddle if I hadn't of had any fills I dare say my weight loss journey wouldn't have even got off the ground and I am damn sure I would weigh the same as I did a year ago, isn't that the whole point of the fills in the bl**dy first place LoL, sounds to me they are giving u the run around, and tbh I am not sure wot to advise as I was under the care of the Nhs and not private, maybe someone will come along with knowledge of private practices know how etc. Wishing u all the best Julie xx

Hi Lucy, you must be so fed up with it. I went private but in Scotland, and my provider booked my first fill 6 weeks out, I'm 7 months out and have now had 4 fills. I hope you get somewhere soon with it as I know relying on will power is so hard xx

Back