• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Band Fill..???

I really can't decide what to do now, I haven't the money to go elsewhere! :(

I've had enough, wish I'd never got it done now

Hi Lucy, just wanted to send you a little message to say sorry you are going through all of this. I cant help in anyway as I'm having a gastric bypass but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you luv kaz x

lclucy89 said:
I really can't decide what to do now, I haven't the money to go elsewhere! :(

I've had enough, wish I'd never got it done now

Lucy
You must be firm with them and tell them you need a fill !!
I've just had my 1st fill today 5 weeks out and I'm due another on the 24th august
I know were your coming from with the eating out of control because the last week I've eaten everything in site and put on 2lb I was feeling Excatly same as you (waste of money ) but I'm relieved to say I can already feel a different and feel more positive
You need to demand a fill !!
Cheeky gits taking your money N not wanting to live upto aftercare
I can't fault the aftercare so far with the hospital group!
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I emailed them today trying to persist. This is the reply I got..

Dear Lucy

We kindly refer you back to the other emails sent, which answers yours in full.

If you wish to increase the risk of band slippage, irritation and other issues, like others who run at a post-op issues rate of 8-12% then sure, refills can be done I suppose, whereas Martins teams runs at <0.5%, which I think speaks volumes on its own?, therefore, just because someone else does it, does not always make it correct?

Also you have unlimited refills, not just say 2 in 1 year, so no rush to get the 2 refills others have free within the first year (as per other companies), nor charge if you return, say 150 GBP per time, so no financial incentives say YES, of course you can.

We have also detailed this within the emails dated: 18th July 2011,

Plus to send a diary, which you stated “I will start a diary from today.”

I assume you have sent that directly to your clinic/surgeon, as per the other emails of the 18th July, we have transferred your care back to the clinic, as explained in that email, due to medical and legal issues of being unable to continue direct help, as we do not have all your notes, nor correspondences you have made directly with them.

Please re-contact your contact you are already corresponding with at the clinic, as they are there to help, and have all your notes, which we no longer have.

Kind regards

Post-Op Support

I want to swear on your behalf. I think it might be worth sending another email or calling directly saying you paid, you want a fill or else...well something like that. It really is W*nk that they are treating you like this. Hang in there and try not to let it cause stress eating.
xxxxxx sharon

I emailed them today trying to persist. This is the reply I got..

Dear Lucy

We kindly refer you back to the other emails sent, which answers yours in full.

If you wish to increase the risk of band slippage, irritation and other issues, like others who run at a post-op issues rate of 8-12% then sure, refills can be done I suppose, whereas Martins teams runs at <0.5%, which I think speaks volumes on its own?, therefore, just because someone else does it, does not always make it correct?

Also you have unlimited refills, not just say 2 in 1 year, so no rush to get the 2 refills others have free within the first year (as per other companies), nor charge if you return, say 150 GBP per time, so no financial incentives say YES, of course you can.

We have also detailed this within the emails dated: 18th July 2011,

Plus to send a diary, which you stated “I will start a diary from today.”

I assume you have sent that directly to your clinic/surgeon, as per the other emails of the 18th July, we have transferred your care back to the clinic, as explained in that email, due to medical and legal issues of being unable to continue direct help, as we do not have all your notes, nor correspondences you have made directly with them.

Please re-contact your contact you are already corresponding with at the clinic, as they are there to help, and have all your notes, which we no longer have.

Kind regards

Post-Op Support
It beggars belief, I really feel for you.
xxx

I would be asking for my money back. Have you contacted your local trading standards office? They network with other offices all over the country and may have received further complaints about your provider. They may be able to assist you.

tranquil x

I would be asking for my money back. Have you contacted your local trading standards office? They network with other offices all over the country and may have received further complaints about your provider. They may be able to assist you.

tranquil x
How would I go about this??

I am useless!! I dont know how to handle this situation. I have given up to be honest, stopped weighing myself because I know there is no change :(

How would I go about this??

I am useless!! I dont know how to handle this situation. I have given up to be honest, stopped weighing myself because I know there is no change :(

Contact you local council office and they should be able to give you the number for trading standards. Alternatively you could try the Citizens Advice Bureau. You have a contract with this company for them to provide a service and they are not fulfilling there side of the deal or at least they are attempting to wiggle out of doing what they are supposed to do. Do not get despondent - you need to fight this.

tranquil x

o i know the feeling...hav my band done through the nosc and now they have the money they don't seem interest in supporting me x

Lucy plz don't...get on the phone n keep pestering them!!!u paid the money n deserve the service u paid for.my company gave me my first fill within six wks bt i was told it can b done from four wks onwards x

I have emailed the clinic again today to try and arrange first band fill.
I have given up weighing myself as I was staying the same and feel like I am gaining weight now.

My appetite is fully back.

Im regretting spending all that money on this now

Don't give up hon - just read all this and am as shocked and appalled as everyone else! Wish I could offer some help :-(

DEfinitely recommend talking to someone aat your local CAB - make an appointment, being along all the paperwork they gave you and print out all the emails you've had. Sometimes it really helps just to sit down and go through things with someone else.

Wishing you all the bext xxx

Lucy, I really appreciate how frustrated and disappointed you must be feeling ... but please try not to let the situation get you down. Try to stay positive - until this mess is sorted out.

You can loose weight until the band fill. The band only does 30% of the work, the rest is down to you. I have no restriction at the moment but am still loosing weight by restricting what I am consuming to between 1000 and 1200 calories per day and making sure I am eating plenty of protein (weight loss slowed down when I did't eat enough). I daren't push myself by eating till I feel really full as I am sure I would overeat if I did.

You made the investment, stick with it, it will be worth it in the long run xx

sorry for some reason it took ages for this message to upload and I have since heard your good news - roll on September :)

Back